Author Topic: back to square 1  (Read 3073 times)

katblack15

• Karma Group
back to square 1
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:27:59 AM »
 Ive had a med break due to other health issues - bowel and bzzare chronic itching, been told its utricaria been told the cause is unknown :/

anyhoo after establishing its not caused by citralopram im back at my GP in a few days for a review and feel im going to be re prescribe 40mg - i get on well with them, no severe side affects and they get to work quickly.

BUT im worried about developing a resistance to them. Thats what happened with sertraline and i just do not like fluoxitine. has anyone else found they become less effective?

peace.love.hope
peace.love.hope

bendymind

• Karma Group
Re: back to square 1
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:04:07 PM »
I was on 10mg Paroxetine for 10 years and didn't feel I developed any resistance

I came of through my own choice because of loss of sex drive so am now on Venlafaxine 150mg

How long was your med break ? - how did you cope ?

katblack15

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
Hi bendymind.

Thanks for replying, how are you finding venlafexidine?

My med break was.3 months and despite having lots of Christmas spirit my mood drops dramatically as we.get closer to the actual day. So it wasn't great and normally id pick up but.the last few weeks have been trying for no direct reason.

Iv thought about maybe.suggesting going back on at 20mg as seeing if I can team the chemical effects with my own coping strategies? I support news 100% but ultimately dont want to be on them forever.
peace.love.hope

katblack15

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »
Venlafaxinequality. My apologies.
peace.love.hope

bendymind

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:35:05 PM »
Hi kat

Its taken 2 months but I am now settled on venlafaxine

I started on one 75mg tablet a day but found they have a very short life so felt good in the mornings but mood fell slowly towards the end of the day.

Then doc told me to take one in the morning and one in the evening which helped but mood was still up and down.

I'm now taking 150mg of a slow release capsule which has done the trick. My GP told me they dont like prescribing the slow release tabs straight away because of the cost to the NHS !

I see no reason after 3 months off, why you should not try 20mg first to see how you get on.

I have been on a low dose of paroxetine for many years and my GP always says I cant be on them forever but my feeling is that some people are just born with a low seratonin level so need AD's for that extra lift - so I will gladly take them forever.

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »
I was on Citalopram 20mg for a year and had a breakdown while on it.

Venlafaxine is a popular antidepressant. It didn't work for me and was very difficult coming off it. I felt like I was going round the twist.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »
was on citalopran 40mg (then 60 till the government set the limit to 40) for many years with no side effects (just the drowsy bits) only changed them cos of change in other med that dont mix well with citalopram
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water