Author Topic: Venlafaxine withdrawal  (Read 3257 times)

Nay

• Karma Group
Venlafaxine withdrawal
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:53:28 AM »
Hey guys

I'm currently experiencing the beginnings of withdrawal from Venlafaxine as I haven't been able to get an appointment to see my Dr for my next prescription. I'm on day 2 now, I take 3 x 37.5 mg a day.

I already feel shaky and nauseous, and my mood dropped very quickly earlier. Anyone got any tips for how to cope until I can see my Dr? Would appreciate it

Xxx

Catbrian

Re: Venlafaxine withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »
Ney.... sorry to hear you are in that position, I once went 4-5 days without mine, but then I was told off by the GP.  He says things like this are an emergency and I should let the receptionists know.  I have had to pester the receptionists, but they always oblige because it is important that you do not go without them for this long.  It has the potential of making you feel worse.  There was also once or twice when I went to the same Pharmacy I always use, explained my situation and the Pharmacist loaned me a few tabs then deducted them from my prescription a few days later.

A suggestion is to explain the predicament to the receptionist.  Tell her it's an AD and you are already feeling unwell.  I'm certain they would sort something out.

When are you due to see the GP?  Can you get the GP to put it on "repeat prescription"?  That means you put a request into the receptionist and they organise your prescription.  It's quite standard, I do it every month.

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »
I just phone reception and ask for a repeat prescription. I collect the paper part and take it to the pharmacy if I am running low on tablets.  If you collect from your surgery just tell them you have ran out and need them today.

Venlafaxine is not a nice drug to withdraw from.  I felt like I was going round the twist when I was reducing my dosage to get off Venlafaxine.

If you would rather not discuss with reception ask to speak to your doctor on the phone. My GP will always take a call from me.  :hug:
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
I do my repeat prescriptions on line.  I think ringing and asking for a call from your Dr is a good idea, I have done this and my Dr has left a prescription for me to collect.  You should not be without your meds.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
Thanks guys. I managed to get a call back today and she made time to see me finally! She won't put me on repeat because I'm still at risk from overdose and she won't prescribe unless she's seen me first. Annoying but good cuz she's looking after my wellbeing.

I don't feel comfortable seeing another GP for this. She knows me better.

I feel absolutely awful. Taken two tabs this afternoon and been sleeping on and off. My eyes really hurt. Anyone had that before?!

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »
Probably because you were without them a couple of days. Pleased you got it sorted

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
So pleased you got it sorted Nay.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
same here, glad you sorted it out, must have beed a terable to go through
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water