Author Topic: Stopping Ads  (Read 2685 times)

athens1982

• Karma Group
Stopping Ads
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
Hi am in the process of coming of fluoxitine. I think my depression was caused by circumstances which are now much improved and dont want to be taking pills if not needed. They made me have incredible sweats, unable to orgasm , not good in new relationship. But am finding that after reducing for a couple of weeks though not exactly mega down am beginning to get negative and aggresive thoughts towards x partner and life in general. Is this just a passing phase? Do I need to start a different Ad? Dont want to go back where i was. Have actually been feeling happy , first time in cant remember. Now worried it was all because of the drug. advice please. am a novice at this.

Catbrian

Re: Stopping Ads
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
While I've no experience of coming off meds, I would imagine that once you are completely finished the last dose, it must take a good few weeks for things to level out to what it should be.  Probably your current feelings are to be expected but if you are in doubt, talk to the GP.

How long were you on the pills and how quickly did you come off?

Stacey

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:11 PM »
I am currently in the process of coming off Fluoxetine also however I am doing so to try different meds. I have been given two weeks to do this and am feeling horrific because of it. I think this may be to do with the time I has to do this though. It isn't gradual enough for my liking.

How have you been advised to come off them? Did your GP say how long it would take?

I hope you ind the answers you're looking for xxx

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »
I had to come off fluoxetine overnight. I felt rubbish for about 2 weeks then it improved.

Xxx

stemcell

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »
I was on citralapram a few years ago to control depression caused by chemo..... I stopped too quickly and had tremors...2 weeks doesn't sound long enough to me.....
Don't let the world bring you down....not everyone here is f*cked up and cold....

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
Two weeks sounds much too quickly to me

Z x
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ohdaddy

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »
I tried cutting my fluoxatine dose in half. After about a week the negative thoughts came back like an unwelcome visitor so I upped the dose again. Its not so easy to come off them.  Get advise from GP.