Author Topic: Overdose???  (Read 2604 times)

1st class fool

• Karma Group
Overdose???
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
Hi, Been a long time since I've been here... Things have been a bit messy.

Anyway to cut a long story messy short, Today i have taken 7 x 300 mg Lyrica (Pregabalin), 35 mg of Diazepam & 200 mg of Sertraline. I have more of the above Tablets & am trying hard not to consume anymore.

My head is battered over substance misuse & alcohol issues plus the tablets I have to take everyday & to be honest i'm suicidal. I have no one to turn to so that is why I hope someone here can offer some advise PLEASE!

Am I at risk of an overdose from what I have already consumed??
Thanks in advance if anyone replies.

Kindest Regards
AL
Drugs are BAD mkay!!
JFT96 NEVER EVER FORGET THE 96 THAT PASSED AWAY :(
Liverpool FC YNWA *****

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Overdose???
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
I am not a Dr and do not know about the meds you have taken but I would urge you to call 999 or if you can get yourself to A & E. S x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
I dont know either but you need to see some sort of medic urgently imo

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
I don't know where you live but you may be able to ring 111 and if you can they will be able to help.  I have copied and pasted what areas are covered by 111.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Pages/NHS-111.aspx

NHS 111 service

Call 111 when it's less urgent than 999

NHS 111 is a new service that's being introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.

NHS 111 is now available in the following areas:

County Durham and Darlington
    Great Yarmouth and Waveney
    Lancashire (excluding West Lancashire)
    Lincolnshire
    London boroughs of Croydon, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster
    Luton
    North Derbyshire and Nottingham City
    the Isle of Wight

Tip

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
When to use it

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

You need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.
    You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
    You don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.
    You need health information or reassurance about what to do next.

For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.

For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.
How does it work?

The NHS 111 service is staffed by a team of fully trained advisers, supported by experienced nurses. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms, then give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you straightaway to the local service that can help you best. That could be A&E, an out-of-hours doctor, a walk-in centre or urgent care centre, a community nurse, an emergency dentist or a late-opening chemist.

Where possible, the NHS 111 team will book you an appointment or transfer you directly to the people you need to speak to. If you need an ambulance, one will be sent just as quickly as if you had dialled 999.

If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.
Typetalk or textphone

If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a textphone by calling 18001 111.

Calls are connected to the TextDirect system and the textphone will display messages to tell you what is happening. A Typetalk Relay Assistant will automatically join the call. They will talk back what you've typed to the NHS 111 adviser and, in return, type back the adviser’s conversation, so you can read it on your textphone's display or computer.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
You are suicidal and therefore you should seek medical attention. You are much better off alive than dead. Suicidal feeling do not last, depression does not last, both of these very powerful emotions can be replaced be happy emotions, it takes time but it is certainly possible. The way you feel now is temporary, suicide is the worst possible action that you can take, so please, get some medical attention and do not commit suicide. I have been where you are now, and I am glad to be alive, I am glad that I did not commit suicide. Do not commit suicide and one day you too will be glad to be alive, I promise you.

1st class fool

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Thanks for all the replies peeps. I don't want to go through my whole life story but to sum it up briefly...

20+ years of drug abuse (Not Heroin or Crack!) Then went to Doctors last November & was put on the concoction as stated in my first post.

I was Drug free for 3 months then stupidly heavily started taking Cocaine  _-+ & got into a lot of debt. Anyway I've always been a bit of a nut case/1st Class Fool _-+ Others things have happened since & now I'm suicidal.

I want no sympathy I do not deserve such a thing. I think it is high time I call an Ambulance & get myself sectioned  "£"

Thanks so much for your replies... I just hope I can sort myself out once & for all  $%$

Laters Peeps I'm off too dial 999

All the best to you all  +-_
Drugs are BAD mkay!!
JFT96 NEVER EVER FORGET THE 96 THAT PASSED AWAY :(
Liverpool FC YNWA *****

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »
I do hope everything goes well for you.