Author Topic: Can't cope  (Read 10999 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
Re: Can't cope
« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »
Absolutely, willows I find you inspiring. You've been so strong and brave, you can really be proud of yourself!

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Felling very low again today. Worrying about Monday and have convinced myself that my manager will still not go along with Occupational Healths recommendations. I have come up with so many different reasons she will give me and trying to work out how to fight my corner. On top of that I will be worrying myself silly anyway because my daughter will be having her op which could determine whether she will be able to have children in the future. She has always wanted to have children so she is finding this all very difficult and I am struggling to provide the sort of support I would normally be capable of. I am really failing her at the moment and I feel so guilty.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Willows, you are not failing your daughter, you are unwell and need to look after yourself.
Have you tried making a list of all the worries that you have then imagine you are presenting your evidence in front of a judge and list all the things that could possibly happen? When we are depressed, we always imagine the worst case scenario but things aren't necessarily going to be this way.
Thinking of you willows. I am sure you are an excellent mum and you just need to take the time you deserve to recover. xxxx

Catbrian

« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
Hi Willows I totally agree with Book, no way are you failing your daughter.  It's not your fault, you're sick.  I hope the opp goes well for your daughter on Monday.

I'm not sure if your manager can disagree with Occ Health, unless he owns the company.  I hope your meeting Monday will go okay

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
My manager can disagree with Occ Health because I could potentially be dealing with confrontation when dealing with incidents and the risk assesment is down to her, so if in her opinion she feels it is too risky to send me out she can choose not to let me go as it would fall on her shoulders if anything went wrong. So Occ Health can only advise.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
Hope everything goes well willows  %^% xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
Your GP can write a letter to support you surely?

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
My psychiatrist is writing a report which should help but my managers have just not been listening recently.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
Excellent, that will help I am sure xxx

Catbrian

« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
No wonder you get worried willows.  Psychiatrist letter's a good move.  Hope it all works out soon

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #295 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »
Thats good to hear Willows, hope this helps  %^%.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #296 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:45 PM »
Daughter's op went well and results look positive but I received a very sad phone call today to say my lovely nan has colon cancer it has spread to her liver. They are not going to operate and she is going in to a hospice. I only found out she was feeling unwell and having tests a couple of weeks ago :'( 
Work was really stressful today and I just don't know what I am fighting for anymore. It is always one step forward and two steps back. Very low and tearful tonight. Just don't think I can take any more.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2012, 10:39:15 PM »
Dear Willows, I'm so sorry about your Nan. It seems to be a never ending battle for you at the moment. I'm glad that your daughter's op was OK, and I hope that you will be able to find the strength to keep on fighting until things turn, and good things finally become a bit more common for you.  %^%

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your gran %^%. Glad to hear your daughters op went well. S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
No energy, no motivation, feeling so tired physically and mentally I just don't want to carry on any more .