Author Topic: SERTRALINE DIAZEPAM & PREGABALIN CONCOCTION  (Read 10322 times)

1st class fool

• Karma Group
SERTRALINE DIAZEPAM & PREGABALIN CONCOCTION
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum. If your interested in my story check out the new members section for my initial post.

My question: Is anyone here on SERTRALINE,DIAZEPAM & PREGABALIN and what are your experiences or advice while being on this concoction?

Initally i was prescribed prozac 2 x 20 mg for depression and diazepam 4 x 5mg for withdrawals from trying to give up my 15+ year addiction to cannabis because i'd had enough and couldn't carry on as I was heading towards another disaster.

The diazepam worked wonders for my withdrawal symptoms and i significantly cut down my cannabis use in the few weeks leaading upto xmas and i havn't smoked cannabis at all since new years eve  />.

I told my gp I didnt think the prozac was working for me after 8-9 weeks so she decided to put me on sertraline 2 x 50mg per day & 4x 5mg diazepam per day and things were goin ok for a while.....however recent incidents within my family have set my mood back to how i was six months ago and today ive been back to the surgery and saw i different gp as my usual gp is on holiday  ::)
This other gp has now confirmed i have a severe anxiety disorder also MDD (major depression disorder) and that i am probably suffering from bipolar disorder :o

Today he has decided to prescribe me the following...sertraline 2 X 50mg per day and cut my diazepam down to 3 x 5 mg per day and introduced pregabalin 2 x 75mg per day and i think the plan is to taper off the diazepam and eventually see if the sertraline and pregabalin will be the correct concoction for me...
I took my sertraline 100mg this morning and 3 x 5mg diazepam throughout the day,I didn't get my new prescriptons sorted until 6pm this evening and soon after I took my first Pregabalin 75mg it's been roughly 3 hours since and im starting to feel a little bit spaced out  !"!

So basically i was wondering if anyone is or has been on the same meds as i am currently on and if you would like to share your experiences or offer any advice on dealing with any side effects,best time to take each med etc....or any other  advice that may be usefull to me.

Im struggling to type now and sick of trying to correct my spelling mistakes as i type this out !"! so im going to end my post now :P

Any responses would be greatly appreciated  £$£

Kind regards....
The one the only 1st class fool!  O0

Drugs are BAD mkay!!
JFT96 NEVER EVER FORGET THE 96 THAT PASSED AWAY :(
Liverpool FC YNWA *****

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: SERTRALINE DIAZEPAM & PREGABALIN CONCOCTION
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
I've only had experience of diazepam, I take those to help my panic attacks and they work well for those
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »
Hi sorry like Zaf I have only had experience of Diazapam, I now have Clonazepam for anxiety, which I personally find better.  Did your gp give you any information on how these meds would make you feel, sometimes the side effects take a will to ease off.  Maybe its worth making a call to the gp who prescribed the meds and explain how you are feeling to get some reassurance.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

Hi mate,

from what i can remember, pregabalin is an anti sezuire drug used for anxiety and it can make you abit drowsy.

The diazepam is addictive, I am sure you know, so try to get of it when you can, especially seeing that you have a previous drug addiction. It is good though that it has helped you quit the pot.

Your GP diagnosed you with bipolar? I assume then that you are under the wing on the mental health care team if you are hhaving serious depressions and bipolar symptoms.

I am in a similar situation to you....depression, and the bi-polar spectrum it seems.

I can't give you any adive with bi-polar at all, only depression, but I am interested in talking to anyone with this condition.

You are not the only number one fool, as i am one as well.

1st class fool

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:50:21 AM »
Hi bro,
no my gp said there was a possibility of bi-polar but since he has decided i am not  ;D

Quote "pregabalin is an anti sezuire drug used for anxiety and it can make you abit drowsy"  :o dont i just know it!
since my last post i have seen my gp again & now i'm on 300mg pregabalin, 150mg sertraline & 20mg diazepam every day  !"!

the pregabaline was knocking me for six mate  !"! & since monday this week my gp has doubled me up on it & wow its bad  !"!,i feel i'd be better quiting all these & goin to buy sum pot,but i most certainally wont!!

this concoction of meds is sure making me worse before im getting any better  "£$ ....but ive gota give it some time and a chance to start working.

as for the diazepam this is my last week on 20 mg and then we going to start to taper off it because i dont want to be on it especially with my addicctive personality  >:D however i dont feel i am becoming dependant on it  :-\

my gp diagnosed me that i have a severe anxiety disorder & major depression disorder  />. :-[

so anyway thanks for your post & if you need a chat at any time just holla at me bro,i'm on here a few times a week.

all the best & good luck with getting better  />.

peace out

Hi mate,

from what i can remember, pregabalin is an anti sezuire drug used for anxiety and it can make you abit drowsy.

The diazepam is addictive, I am sure you know, so try to get of it when you can, especially seeing that you have a previous drug addiction. It is good though that it has helped you quit the pot.

Your GP diagnosed you with bipolar? I assume then that you are under the wing on the mental health care team if you are hhaving serious depressions and bipolar symptoms.

I am in a similar situation to you....depression, and the bi-polar spectrum it seems.

I can't give you any adive with bi-polar at all, only depression, but I am interested in talking to anyone with this condition.

You are not the only number one fool, as i am one as well.
Drugs are BAD mkay!!
JFT96 NEVER EVER FORGET THE 96 THAT PASSED AWAY :(
Liverpool FC YNWA *****

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »
Thanks mate,

hope you feel better soon, take care.