Author Topic: Trazadone Hydrochloride  (Read 8041 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Trazadone Hydrochloride
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Trazadone?

I was prescribed it about 8 months ago  (alongside Venlafaxine  ::)) at a very low dose to help with my sleeping. That was 50mg, one at night. Now I am gradually increasing my dose... I'm currently on 150mg and this will be gradually upped to 300mg which is apparently the highest dose that can be prescribed unless I am admitted by the mental health team. This will be the only AD I'll be on eventually (once the Velnafaxine has gone  />.) But it seems to be more of a sedating tablet.... (although, I'm not 100% sure if it is doing much at the current low doses) Had anyone used it as an AD?

xx
This too shall pass.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Trazadone Hydrochloride
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
Sorry, no idea :(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:05:55 PM »
Sorry I haven't used itXX

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »
I have, and at 50 mg I found that it helped with sleep. It gave me odd dreams which I enjoyed. I also found it worked well as an antidepressant. Now I am on mirtazapine, with is similar. I have suffered bad sleep problems and I found trazadone helped well. X

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »
Uh-oh.... I was putting my disturbing and bizarre dreams down to venlafaxine and hoping they will go once I'm just on the Trazadone!  :-\

Pleased that is helping with sleep though - I long for refreshing sleep!!!

How are you finding the Mitrazapine?
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Im on 45 mg mirtazipine which is top end dose. It sedates me far too much and affects my work

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
Have you told your doctor how it makes you feel? Might be worth seeing if there is another AD in that 'group' (if it works in other aspects) but that doesnt have so much of a sedating effect?

The only thing I found Mitrazapine did for me was increase my appetite...
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 11:04:54 PM »
I went today to do something about this, I had the usual reponse for the GP, which was one of a complete lack of understanding, and this time even a lack of knowledge of what Mirtazipine actually is. So I will have to wait to see the psychiatrist, still another two months to wait yet though

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:57:54 AM »
Is it possible to change your GP? 
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
Yes, it was the fill-in GP, the other two were away. It was a mistake to go to see him, he is usually dismissive and unfreindly. He took quite an exception to me telling him Mirtazipine wasn't and SSRI, and told me it was beyond me and became quite agitated with me.

Usually my GPs are great and very understanding, they listen well and give good, sensible adivce whilst being empathetic, and I like them alot.

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
yes, they are usually very good but ---sometimes they can be useless, they do not understand at all !!

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
Munchroom, can I just ask you about the Velnafaxine? I am currently on Citalopham and my mental health doctor has advised me to go on to Velnafaxine. I just want to know how this makes people feel. I wanted to find out by people who are actually on it rather then doing research on the internet. Hope this isn't too forward. xxx
Assume it's a joke and then work backward.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 08:40:37 AM »
Hi Bexwa  :)

I have found it has maybe helped a little - but the side effects have kind of counter-acted it!

Since I have been on it I have had lactation, night sweats and very vivid nightmares. Now I am coming off of it I have eczema, a horrible 'fizzy' feeling where parts of me go momentarily cold or numb, I have heard ducks in my house, seen different textures on things, become pretty irritable and very up and down with my moods (even more so than normal!  :P)

In all honesty - I wouldn't advise it. I have read online that there was/is even a petition to get it banned because of the side effects and (more importantly) withdrawal effects. I don''t mean to make it sound like a horror story and all of those side effects won't effect everyone! But even so.... there are other AD's out there that aren't as harmful. Why has your doctor suggested Venlafaxine in particular?

Nay xx

This too shall pass.

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
I have no idea. It was the mental health doctor at the hospital and I told him  how long I had be on the citalopham and he said you are still clearly depressed and instead of making me come off the quaitapine he was going to give me these ones instead. I really don't like the sound of the side effects on them and will speak to my actual GP about whether to go on it or not. I don't think I should now. I really appreciate your important, you don't know how important it is to me xx
Assume it's a joke and then work backward.

Ally

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 09:00:21 AM »
I was taking 50mg Trazodone for a while.

I had no problems. I would take it before going to bed at night, read a bit of a book (reading is an escape for me) and then I'd doze off.
Never had any dreams that I remember.
I'm avoiding Citalopram these days coz of the sick feelings I get when I take it.

I'm on 20Mb Fluoxotine and it seems to be taking the edge off, but not making me feel much better

Hope this helps
Ally