Author Topic: Trazadone Hydrochloride  (Read 8479 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: Trazadone Hydrochloride
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
Thanks Ally, its nice to read something positive about an AD!

How long have you been on the Fluoxetine?

xx
This too shall pass.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
Hi Bexwa.
I'm on Venlafaxine at the moment,for the second time. I haven't really experienced any side effects except a few days nausea at the beginning. I agree that the problem with Venlafaxine is coming off it. When I did I had to do an incredibly gradual reduction,over several months but I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms.

On the positive side it has a reputation as an extremely effective anti-depressant and is often used where other anti-depressants have failed. If Citalopram is your first anti-depressant I would say there are plenty of other alternatives you could try first.
Love
Steve Wellam
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Ally

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Thanks Ally, its nice to read something positive about an AD!

How long have you been on the Fluoxetine?

xx

I was on Fluoxotine a few years ago for around 6-8 months, and the docs tried me with Citalopram.
I stuck with it for a while, thinking the nausea would pass when i got used to it, but it never did. That is why I went back to the doc to get my meds changed. It was round about that time when I was prescribed trazodone.

This time round, after my "severe depressional episode" I've been back on Fluoxotime for the past 2 weeks.
I know that they can take a few weeks to actually kick in and start working again, so I am trying to stay positive until that actually happens again....... but, as I'm sure that everyone knows, that is really difficult with how I am feeling at the moment.

A.
xx

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
Hi Bexwa.
I'm on Venlafaxine at the moment,for the second time. I haven't really experienced any side effects except a few days nausea at the beginning. I agree that the problem with Venlafaxine is coming off it. When I did I had to do an incredibly gradual reduction,over several months but I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms.

On the positive side it has a reputation as an extremely effective anti-depressant and is often used where other anti-depressants have failed. If Citalopram is your first anti-depressant I would say there are plenty of other alternatives you could try first.
Love
Steve Wellam

Thanks Steve. I was on Fluoxetine for a few years and then something else, which for the life of me now I can't remember  and they didn't do anything and I've now been on the Citalopram for almost a year and it still hasn't done anything. So he then suggested these other tablets. I haven't been prescribed them yet as I have to speak with my own GP first. I just want something to work. I hate feeling like this and crying all the time. I just feel pathetic! :(
Assume it's a joke and then work backward.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »
To Becki
Both of the anti-depressants you mention you have taken have come from the same chemical group-SSRI's- which is a bit
unusual in itself. In terms of choice you have any number of other chemical groups to chose from. Being realistic about
Venlafaxine it does have some undeniably dodgy side effects. It has a tendency to raise blood pressure and increase heart
rate. It also has a tendency to increase cholesterol levels.

The most common side effect though is headache which the makers say occurs in 30% of people. This is followed up by nausea with 20% of people getting it,sweating at 12% and dry mouth at 10%. In practice these are your likely side effects. Withdrawal symptoms come in at 35%

What do you get for risking these side effects ? Well Venlafaxine is at least as effective as the rest of the anti-depressants and possibly a little more effective than the average, but not wildly so.

A lot depends on if you are looking for things other than strictly anti-depressant effects. If you have trouble sleeping at night or are sleepy during the day Venlafaxine isn't particularly sedative. If you are looking not to put on weight Venlafaxine might not be a bad bet. Whatever you choose don't be hustled into Venlafaxine. There is nothing to stop you trying something else and resorting to Venlafaxine later on if it doesn't work.

Love

Steve Wellam
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

lost rolex

• Karma Group
  • cognitive dissonance
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »
100mg traz at night did nothing, still awake at 04.00 morning very drowsy but still stressed out.

LR
Harmful intentions
particularly those involving deliberate acts exploitation, seem to cause longer-lasting and more painful emotional consequences than natural disasters. The crucial factor may be that such experiences destroys people’s trust in others, particularly if they involve someone you have depended on.