Author Topic: Studying again  (Read 13987 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Studying again
« on: April 19, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
Just completed my 5th course in 9 days and I've now got 4 diploma's and a certificate under my belt with another 3 certificates planned for the weekend and Tuesday.

Steve (the hubby and carer) reckons I should do the safeguarding children course next. The nursery assistant one should hopefully be a breeze 'cos I'm already qualified to do it, but I want to update my skills and knowledge just to keep myself current and the mental wellbeing in children will just be in addition to the child psychology courses I've already taken and purely out of interest so I'm gonna do that one last.

I know now that for end of course tests I should NOT revise anything and just go with my first instinct. I also know that I won't be able to take any more OU courses 'cos my brain damage means that courses that last longer than 40 hours (including time I'm asleep) are pointless 'cos I'll never remember what I learnt and my instincts will desert me too 😔

Not letting that get me down too much though... there are other courses that I can study that are under the 40 hour time limit so I'll just take those instead 🙂

Logging off for the night now though so that I can put my celebratory burger on the table now that it's been delivered.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Studying again
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »
Safeguarding courses are always useful ones to do  :happy0064:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
Definitely Pip!

Gonna do the Diploma in Mental Health Studies after I've had me lunch and hope I pass it 'cos it's on a different site and I can't remember how they work now!   :bash:

I've got another 3 free courses that I want to do after that and I'm hoping I'll get another "congrats on finishing your course, how about even more huge discounts on more?" type email, like I did yesterday lol  I've done 6 courses with them that cost me less in total than just one of their full-priced courses so I'm hoping for another marketing email with even more discounts either tonight or tomorrow lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 08:11:03 PM »
*ahem*

I passed the course!!!!

I thought I had another 3 modules to study before the end of course assessment so getting thrown into it was a big surprise, but I did it in 7 hours instead of the 10-15 it said!

Gonna celebrate with chocolate (of course lol) then head to bed with a big smile on my face!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 11:36:32 AM »
Passed another course last night - one down, sixteen to go lol

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 09:43:52 PM »
 :happy0064:  :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 04:56:53 PM »
Passed another 6 courses today as well as hopefully breaking up all the text on my webpages with little icons.

Got another 8 courses left to study, so I'm hoping for one a day next week, 'cos it's a struggle to remember things an hour later, let alone overnight!!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
Feeling particularly proud of myself right now.

Why?

Because I've just finished another course with a score of 100%!!

Means that as of right now, I've got another 7 courses to do, 4 of which will finish the bundle (the fifth course) then the last two are childcare courses and they're already paid for (I paid in advance of doing the courses) so that's one less thing to worry about.

When I've finished all those I've got an educational psychology course on Alison and 2 more on OpenLearn by which time, I'll hopefully have saved up enough for another course on the New Skills Academy site at full price, unless I get another marketing email from them with another huge discount on a course or twelve!  I've taken 19 courses there so far and haven't paid full price for a single one of 'em... I've paid less for those 19 courses and the 7 that are still to do than a single full price course and that's purely from clicking on a Facebook ad and taking advantage of the last 3 marketing emails they've sent me!  lol

Feeling really proud of myself for that score on this morning's course and I'm gonna do the GDPR certificate after I've had me lunch.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 06:23:36 PM »
Just completed my third course of the day and, out of 100 assessment questions (in total over the 3 courses), I only got 6 of 'em wrong, which is awesome!

Got a loooong course to study throughout tomorrow 'cos it's a huge 10 modules so I hope there isn't a final assessment 'cos there's no way I'll remember what I learnt in the morning by lunchtime, let alone at the end of the day!  I much prefer multiple mini assessments at the end of each module (like today's assessments) so that I only need to remember a couple of hours rather than having to rely on my damaged brain to remember from one end of the day to the other and if I don't finish it and take the assessment before I head to bed, there's no way I'll remember any of it 12 hours later!  Just lunchtime will be a tough enough job for my cruddy memory!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
I passed the course with a huge score of...

93.33%!!!!

I'm going to bed with a huge grin plastered all over my face now.

Nite nite orl!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 08:17:08 PM »
 :yay:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 09:03:47 AM »
Thank you Pip... got another 3 courses to study as of the night before yesterday too lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 01:36:35 PM »
Just finished the first of the three new ones and because of the site having problems all day and into the evening yesterday, it took me three days to study it instead of the two I was hoping for.

It's done and dusted now though and I'll start the next course tomorrow... gonna give myself the rest of the day off - I think I deserve it! lol

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
Hope your plans to have a rest happened and good luck with the next course  :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »
Finished one course last night at about 6.15pm-ish and another one today both with the same final score of 76.67% on each of 'em.  Got one more short course to do tomorrow then 2 diploma's that'll take 1.5-2 days each then that's them all sorted again!  I'm loving this studying and by paying less than 10% of the full price courses by taking advantage of all the marketing email, I've saved thousands and it keeps me sane and out of trouble!