Author Topic: Thoughts of self harming  (Read 6124 times)

Ezel

Thoughts of self harming
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
Firstly I want to make it clear that I am not going to follow through with this,

I do have a history of self harming and would use knives or scissors to cut myself as it was the only way I knew how to let pain out.  As I wouldn't/couldn't talk about how I was feeling the few people who knew about it (family members) thought I was attention seeking.  Lately my dh and I have had a bad time off it emotionally due to work related issues - he suffers with depression as well.  So far I have had the strength not to do anything plus my hubby has been very supportive as well but getting this down in black and white is my next step in not doing anything. 

SocialServicesFighter

• Karma Group
Re: Thoughts of self harming
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:46:30 AM »
Good on you for taking the appropriate steps.
Keep up the good work Ezel. Nice one.
Everyone has a b@stard, whether it's an Inner Demon, or some self important @rse who looms over your every move.
The trick is to not let the b@stards grind you down. Shed a cleansing tear, then stand tall and be humbled in knowing that you are much better than they will ever be...
... and you will get stronger.

bel

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »
Well done for talking about it and not doing it.
((((hugs))))

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
I am feeling better in myself today and the weather is helping as it's been warm and sunny here  )-_ 

bel

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
That's great. I often think of you as you do such a great job with this forum, but you're sometimes quiet. More ((((hugs))))

lightenup

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »
Hi Ezel, well done as you say the getting things down on text is a big thing.  I second Bel in thanking you for running this forum, you do such a good job.  The weather is a great mood booster, I went out for a walk on my own yesterday.  You and your hubby take care.
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others