Author Topic: Olanzapine  (Read 4921 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Olanzapine
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »
I've been taking an anti-psychotic for getting on for 20 years.

I've been using the same pharmacy for my prescription the whole time.

In those 20 years, the anti-psychotic has changed twice.  First from Zyprexa to Olanzapine when I came out of hospital in 2003 then in April 2017 I reduced my dose from 15mg to 10mg.

They have been the only 2 changes that have ever been made to the anti-psychotic.

So why does the pharmacy not get the anti-psychotic from the manufacturer in advance?  They know that I request a repeat prescription every 28 days and they know that it's rare that it changes so why not order a month in advance so that they've always got the Olanzapine ready to go?

I know that it's rare that it's prescribed, but you'd think that after almost 20 years on it they'd know that it's almost 100% guaranteed that I'll need the same meds at the same dose every month.

I've got 3 days left of the Olanzapine now even though I ordered it a week ago, so yet again I've got to go back to taking them every other day and if it takes more than 6 days I won't have any left at all and I'll go fruitloop again and it'll be another 6 weeks before the meds kick in again and it'll be the same next month.

Other than Zyprexa, are there any other orodispersible, lactose free APs that are easier to get hold of than Olanzapine please?

I don't want to mess around with the prescription 'cos it works for me, but at the same time I don't want to miss my doses at the end of every month because the pharmacy don't plan in advance even though they've been dispensing my prescriptions for almost 20 years!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Olanzapine
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
I'm liking my new AP that was partly delivered yesterday!

I took the first one at 7pm yesterday to see if it sent me to sleep as well as keeping the psychosis at bay.

I was still awake at 10pm and didn't wake up until 7am this morning so it keeps me asleep for 12 hours since I took it.

It's lactose free so I didn't get an allergic reaction which was awesome.

The pill was teeny tiny so was easy peasy to swallow even for me.

I feel more awake and energetic this morning and there isn't even a hint of a psychotic episode which is fabulous!

I'm gonna phone the pharmacy at 9am to ask them to keep it in stock for me 'cos it's amazing so far!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.