Author Topic: fighting depression and getting back in shape  (Read 115590 times)

jali

• Karma Group
Re: fighting depression and getting back in shape
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »
I am a part of a bunch of animation forums, not too dissimilar to this site, they do help a lot, with the likes of critique,

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »
I'll be passing on your animations  :happy0158: - my mum was the worst for putting me down which just encouraged me to be me and not what she wanted me to be.

sorry to hear that, my family are a lot like that, here's a new animation I just completed, it just so happens to be a motivational speech I animated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=431f0KjakWc&t=5s

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
I agree with Uncle Joey... next week is going to be the best week of your life!  You can so do this, Jali... just keep giving it your best and grab every opportunity as it arises!  Make full use of the animation forum and don't forget about them or us when you're rich and famous! 

Is there a book or website or anything that like that which lists all the companies looking for new talent right now?  Might be worth poking around on Amazon or your local library or asking the animation forum about what your next step should be?

Keep up the great work, Jali!   ;D
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
I agree with Uncle Joey... next week is going to be the best week of your life!  You can so do this, Jali... just keep giving it your best and grab every opportunity as it arises!  Make full use of the animation forum and don't forget about them or us when you're rich and famous! 

Is there a book or website or anything that like that which lists all the companies looking for new talent right now?  Might be worth poking around on Amazon or your local library or asking the animation forum about what your next step should be?

Keep up the great work, Jali!   ;D

thanks for the reply, I've worked in the animation/games industry, I did enjoy it but, you get worked like a dog and are forced to work on things that you might not find interesting, I want to go at it myself, create content that interests me, carve my own path, be my own master, I know it will hard,

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »
It'll be hard, but worth it if you can create the path of your dreams... it won't all be easy going, but you can do it!   :happy0064:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
Hi guys,

finished another animation, it took a while but I got there in the end check it out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3huVC8zBeQA&feature=youtu.be

here is the original clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7U3wmUCe8Q

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2019, 12:58:47 PM »
Lookin' good, Jali!  You do realise that the video jumps just very slightly at around the 2.10 mark though, right?  Other than that you should feel really proud of yourself for everything you've achieved!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2019, 10:04:25 PM »
Well done  :happy0158:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
thanks  for all the encouragement

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »
Have you thought about making a career out of doing animations?  Or do you just want to do it for fun and as an escape?  You've definitely got a talent to be proud of!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2019, 01:57:10 PM »
Have you thought about making a career out of doing animations?  Or do you just want to do it for fun and as an escape?  You've definitely got a talent to be proud of!

Yes I worked as a digital artist for a massive company, made good money but had to relocate to another city and worked long hours, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the work, but missed my nieces , I've been doing freelance work and working part time retail/ office work,

the problem with freelance work is, clients want the world but feel like it's ok to pay peanuts, i'm working really hard on my youtube channel and hope I could make something from it, plenty of people on youtube make a decent living, my channel is small at the moment but it is growing in numbers,

I would love for me to turn making animations on youtube, into my main source of income, it doesn't even have to be much,

for me it's not about money, but doing something you love and enjoy doing, I usually put in 5 hours a day, 5 days a week into my animations,
It's hard work but I enjoy it, I wish I had support from my family but they think it's just a stupid dream, I just need to believe in myself and keep pushing forward.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2019, 05:05:24 PM »
I understand how hard freelancing can be 'cos my hubby is a freelancer too. 

I know I've prolly asked this before but my brain damage has made me forget - do you have a website for all your animations?  If not, I can help you to come up with a basic one if you want me to?  Either pure html or in an online editor like Wix or whatever?  You just need somewhere to put all your creations so that when you get a company interested in your work but want to see your portfolio, you can send them just one URL with all your animations listed instead of a list of YouTube URLs is all.

What about your CV?  Is that up to date?  You'll be able to put your site URL on that too so that future employers can feel impressed by your talents and call you in for an interview.

Do you have business cards ready to hand out too?  That's something else to think about too!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »
I understand how hard freelancing can be 'cos my hubby is a freelancer too. 

I know I've prolly asked this before but my brain damage has made me forget - do you have a website for all your animations?  If not, I can help you to come up with a basic one if you want me to?  Either pure html or in an online editor like Wix or whatever?  You just need somewhere to put all your creations so that when you get a company interested in your work but want to see your portfolio, you can send them just one URL with all your animations listed instead of a list of YouTube URLs is all.

What about your CV?  Is that up to date?  You'll be able to put your site URL on that too so that future employers can feel impressed by your talents and call you in for an interview.

thanks for the offer but it wont be necessary, I already have an online portfolio, you can help by just forwarding links to my animations to any friends or family members, every view counts, it  doesn't cost a thing and really helps me out
Do you have business cards ready to hand out too?  That's something else to think about too!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2019, 10:42:08 AM »
Send me the URL of your online portfolio and a brief bit of info about you and the job you're looking for so that I can put it on my jobs blog for you?  No guarantees, but surely anything is better than nothing?   :happy0158:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »
just finished a new video, check it out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElP...ature=youtu.be