Author Topic: Since my diagnosis  (Read 6299 times)

Catbrian

Since my diagnosis
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »
   Since my diagnosis, I feel like I have been on mental health vacation.  I haven't been avoiding things, more like just taking a break.  My diagnosis of Borderline Personality disorder is life changing.  Out of nowhere comes an almost instant understanding of some of the most troublesome times in my life.  Many of the symptoms read like my own personal experiences.  From that new understanding, comes one of the more peaceful and spiritual times of my entire life.  You could say, I am mulling around at the entrance to a new chapter in my life. … Enjoying the view…. Delaying my entrance, probably fearing the unknown.

What I must remember is that I have spent 13 years in a major depressive state, totally removed from society, a self-enforced isolation.   It’s only in the last 6 months that my depression has gradually improved.  There was a major blip over Christmas but much of that was self-inflicted from decorating, when I wasn’t fit for it.  The Agoraphobia has had all these years to manifest and there’s a reluctance to re-join life; improve my situation.  I suppose I’m afraid.  Everything feels new and strange, even my own perspective.  And, I suppose, the agoraphobia does pose one or two hurdles

I cancelled seeing my Care Coordinator last week.  Seeing her meant having to talk about my situation.  I'm putting off organising a car because, when I have one, there is no longer an excuse for not getting different things organised.  And, of course, there's the application for the Complex Needs Service.  It's a marathon trying to complete that application; it's more in line with applying for a Managerial Post.  It had a 2-week deadline and, of course, I'm late. 
What am I so afraid of?  I’m not sure.  All I know is that I enjoy spending all this time on my own.  But, I’m wise to know this is a cop-out.  It must originate from a fear of re-joining life

Maybe my dilemma is pure and simple procrastination….oh and a car!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Since my diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »
cat its understandable you feel this way, its going to take time to come to terms with your diagnosis. There is nothing wrong with being happy with your own company.

Good luck with the form filling, I don't envy you.

Big  :hug: for you.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
Re: Since my diagnosis
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »
It's crazy learning about traits of a Personality Disorder and then thinking to yourself, wow that's affected me so long. The most wierd part of this for me was speaking to a girl in a chat room and discussing my behaviours with her and it was like speaking to the female equivalent of me, in a different part o the world. I find this amazing, how can someone in a completely different part of the world with a completely different lifestyle act exactly the same way, isn't that wierd?

I think that in order of us to embrace change, first we need to finding meaning for after that change. As humans we tend to be scared of the unknown. I don't think change for changes sake happens very often. I think in order for change to come we needing a reason why change should come. If you set off on a task with success in mind failure is the likely outcome. Success it's something to aim for, it's something you find in hindsight. I think first we need a meaning in our lives to seek change.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.