Author Topic: Meds crossover update!  (Read 6740 times)

bookletters

• Karma Group
Meds crossover update!
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
Ohh I slept soooo well I just cannot believe it!!!!! This is what real sleep feels like!!!!
Why on earth did that stupid GP keep me on citalopram for so long???
Thank you venlafaxin for making me relax last night and now helping me sleep beautifully... I hope my mood improves steadily now instead of up and down like the past few months on evil, evil citalopram!!!
Big hug to everyone, hope you are all well today.... %^% *()

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Meds crossover update!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »
Thats so good to hear  $%$.  Having a good nights sleep makes so much difference. 

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
Definitely thanks Shaz!
I have had a dip a bit now though, feeling a bit weird and thinking "what if I get worse", "what if it doesn't work"....
Hubby telling me not to worry and that fluctuations are to be expected during the crossover but I am worried a bit....
Nevermind, hopefully tonight my mood will lift again.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
Its hard for you not to think this way, as we tend to look for how we feel, I know I do still.  Thinking of you.

S x x x x

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
Thanks Shaz, yes I think it is normal. That's very kind of you !+_
I am re-reading "Depressive Illness- the Curse of the Strong" as the passage about recovery truly helps and gives you hope!
Since feeling a bit low earlier I have managed to do a bit of work for my business so that's helping I think!!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »
Thats good to hear, keeping your mind off it helps.  Also reading positive books  %^%.

S x x x x

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »
Yes deffo!!!!
It's funny as I am not too sure how I am feeling (if that makes sense) I just hope the meds crossover is not going to be a big nasty storm....
The way I am seeing it at the moment is that I was starting to recover slowly "by myself" (hence sooo much suffering and so up and down + random symptoms coming and going) so getting rid of citalopram is not going to cause a tsunami I don't think!!!
Thank you so much for your help Shaz, your experience is giving me hope too!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
How are you feeling this evening?  S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
Hello Shaz thank so much for asking!
Have you had a good day?
My friend asked me if I wanted to go shopping with her at 6. I wasn't sure at first as I felt maybe I would panic but my hubby said "give it a go, you're usually better in the evening + socializing usually takes your mind off things". So I went (after taking venlafaxin + my friend knows what I am going through so I can confide in her) and it went fairly well. I didn't enjoy myself as much as I normally would but I wasn't suffering either if that makes sense. Again, I can feel venlafaxin helping me relax so that's very welcome too! I hope it helps me sleep well again. My friend said compared to Sunday I looked a lot more "refreshed" (citalopram was certainly not helping me sleep grrr!!).
Looking back, I really think citalopram didn't help at all, can't believe I tried to stick with it for so long!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31:48 PM »
Hi had a good day thanx. Had a bit of retail therapy this afternoon 2 tops and some leggings and several pairs of earrings lol. Good to hear you decided to go out with your friend, it helps when friends and family understand. We don't feel the need to put on the 'I am fine' face. S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »
Oooh retail therapy hey!!! Nice!!
I am so glad I have been able to keep my online business going despite being really bad with depression as it brings in some most welcome pennies hehe!
I am still off work, the longest I have ever been, again I blame citalopram!!!!

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Booh, slept loads again (until 1pm!) but feeling my mood not being too good since waking up. Not feeling anxiety but "bleurgh" if that makes sense and worrying I am not going to be able to get back to my happy self or that I am going to relapse and not be able to stay well etc.... I know it's the illness talking but it's painful!!
Going to try to keep myself busy, hopefully it will lift and this evening will be good again.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
I guess the citalopram will be out of your system around now and it will take a bit longer for the other stuff to kick in.

Xxx

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »
I am still taking half citalopram.
The difference is HUGE between my sleep and levels of relaxation, it's incredible!
As for mood, it's lifting a bit already probs thanks to the sleep. I ♥ venlafaxin!

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »
I've never been on venlafaxin or citalopram. I hope that your mood continues to improve. Xxxx