Author Topic: Your favourite,bands and albums  (Read 6783 times)

Pablo

• Karma Group
Your favourite,bands and albums
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:22:36 AM »
Hi all, just wondering what music people listen to. Music soothes my soul, poems lyrics and words are powerful things but when music is added to this potent mix, we get something that is truly special and unique. Listening to my favourite bands often helps to lift my mood $%$. So, what do you folks listen to?

I personally have a broad taste, from the arctic monkeys to led zeppelin and everything in between!!

Pablo

• Karma Group
Re: Your favourite,bands and albums
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
Come on people!! What music helps you through?

mrmoody

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
all sorts really, Pink Floyd (the earlier stuff like Echoes) abit of Soundgarden, The Pixies sometimes. I even like the 80's pop sometimes that I grew up with, the synth pop of that era. The Beatles sometime or 60's music. At the moment I like a singer called Mark Lanegan, kind of grunge era folk rock is how I would describe him. Abit of King Crimson now and then. Thats all I can think of right now

mrmoody

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
also like abit of Led Zep now and then, just amazing as band, four amazing musicians in harmony. I like Quadraphenia by The Who, if ever there was an album more about loss of indentity or disillusionment I have yet to hear it.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Depending on my mood depends on what I listen to.  I 'grew up' listening to '60's music, trad jazz (dad's favourite music), opera, classical (mum's favourite music), but I like anything form those types of music through to bands/singers such as Pink Floyd, Genesis, Queen, George Benson, Lionel Ritchie, R Kelly, Diana Ross ....

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »
I like Meatloaf, Lady GaGa, Adele, Prince,StereoPhonics,Cher, Tina Turner, UB40, Brian Adams, Beautiful South to name just a few :). S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »
Sometimes Enya is just so beautiful. The bit from the film LA Story where Steve Martin and Victoria Tennant become as children because they are walking together and have just fallen in love as an Enya song plays, is really amazing and I so wanted love to be like that! At other times, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb is the right soundtrack for my life. Then there's the times that Rage in the Machine's Killing in the Name of fits perfectly! And Jupiter from The Planets Suite can often move me to tears. That's a short list of the 4 most important pieces of music to me, but there are many variations, depending on the frame of mind. Sorry! I know you didn't ask for my entire life history!  ;)

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:42:06 PM »
All music except that new fangled monkey music.

Stacey

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
I'm pretty open minded and it depends what kind of mood I am in.

My favourites would be Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Silverchair, Incubus etc etc.

Catbrian

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Pink Floyd, Eagles, Ella Fitz, Scissor sister, Billy H, Eta James,Leo Sayer, anything classical and relaxing.... Gregorian chants etc, Queen, Neil Sedaka, the tragically late Amy W, Tony Bennet, Sinatra.... just listening to a CD now that a friend gave me the other day, a compilation of Sinatra, Tony Bennett and that show off Michael Buble... lovely Sunday afternoon music (on a Friday!)

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
I love the Sensational Alex Harvey Band rock is my most fav the louder the better.  I also like clasical and easy listening anything really but cant listen to music when Im really low for some strange reason.  Queen and Alice Cooper are great favs as well.  I also like early Dylon, James Taylor and Neil Young.  I was a child of the seventies so grew up with glam rock so still can be seen hiding in a corner listening to things like mud wizzard slade etc etc.

athens1982

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:04 AM »
Turquoize obviusly have similar taste, have seen Alex Harvey Band a few times, also Hawkwind was my local band! I now enjoy a lot of the music mt kid's listen to although can't really get hip-hop. Do understand the drive of drum and base. Think my kid's find me embarrasing!Any kind of music is good as long as it give's you a buzz.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 01:06:55 AM »
Hawkwind, Neil Young - it's like somebody has been through my record collection. SAHB, Queen, Dylan, James Taylor, Slade. I've been lucky enough to see them all. Hawkwind I saw 17 times with all the great lineups except for Lemmy, but Motorhead were supporting on that night. Here you could do with a smiley of somebody stifling a yawn! I'll take my own hint and shut up. Almost immediately. Bye.  +-_

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
Great to see people with impecable music taste much the same as me lol.  I went up to Glasgow to the Appollo a fantastic venue sadly no longer there to see SAHB I was only sixteen and cant believe my mother let me go on my own with a friend of the the same age, anyway we went up to the city and had a fantastic time very happy memories. 

dave208

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
I have quite an eclectic taste in music from heavy metal led zep, Foo fighters, stone sour etc to classical music which I find quite relaxing and all stuff in between. No a great fan on R&B and certain rap music my 12 year old has discovered gangster rap hopefully he will grow out of it !!!.   $%$