Author Topic: A valuable advice I was given  (Read 5172 times)

sundayrose

• Karma Group
A valuable advice I was given
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »
I am not diagnosed with a personality disorder. But in short I went through a period where I could here a girl living in my head telling me I was trash to this world and other things.

I talked to a friend about it and he said something which really stayed with me. More than anything therapists had said. I don't know what you are all dealing with but I think wether it's voice hearing, paranoid thoughts or something else, it's worth mentioned. He said:

"You are stronger than her for that simple reason that she's imaginary and you're real."

Yes, so remember you have the power! And you're stronger than the things you are dealing with.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:20:49 PM by sundayrose »

CatAndMouse

• Karma Group
Re: A valuable advice I was given
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
That....has blown my mind..such an inspirational and uplifting thing to say. thats going to stay with me, excactly at the time of help i needed, thank you so much!

!+_  $%$

sundayrose

• Karma Group
Re: A valuable advice I was given
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
Credit doesn't go to me, but the very kind man stating it. I'll let him know.

And I know how you feel. I spent so long with therapist and social workers dealing with me as if there was no hope and as if this girl in my head was more important than me. And he said this and I just felt as if she weakened and I got stronger. And that really was my turning point. And since working on my issues after this statement my online schizophrenic/personality disorder test has gone from a severe 28 to 1. It's just an online test, but I dare say that something must have changed within me!

I am glad that it also inspired you.