Author Topic: My CBT Therapist says i have emotional dysregulation.  (Read 6391 times)

DmxDex

My CBT Therapist says i have emotional dysregulation.
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
I have been doing CBT for awhile, i have OCD and anxiety disorder. My mum left when i was about 4 and my therapist beleives my issues stem from that.

However if i ask him about BPD he keeps avoiding the idea of a diagnoses, it seems to be a thing amonst doctors and therapist, he just wants to stick with working on the OCD aspects and the ways to prevent my from getting annoyed by every little comment and the severe anger issues and depression.

I on the other hand want to know these things so i can go for medication and the correct therapy for this issue.

He also sent me something on emotional regulation, which was jargon to me.

I feel i just want to know if i am BPD, i dont want to be label i would like to have no issues but in an ideal world that doesnt exist.

I just find therapist and anyone in that field fustrating.

He did say he is suppose to be getting me in touch with his college who deals in this issue better. I have emailed him to see if this still going ahead as i feel its needed.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: My CBT Therapist says i have emotional dysregulation.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
Sorry I dont know much about hese things, I hope someone ere can help
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »
Hi

I am assuming you are referring to borderline personality disorder and not bi-polar disorder?

I think therapists don't like putting labels on things, sometimes because they can't as only a psychiatrist can give a diagnosis.  I understand why you want the diagnosis though, it sort of help you move on and understand how to deal with things.

DmxDex

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
Its not a case im want to be label so i can say look at me. I have read enough about BPD to not want anything to do with this illness. But i can only go by what my therapist has said and the issues i have been through.

My dad is bipolar, but i dont have biploar high a such. 2 shrinks have both said im not bipolar.

The only time i have issues is during some anti depressants or coming off some.

I have had mix episodes, of high energy levesl coupled with agitation and anger.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »
Sorry that you are having such a tough times with your therapists.

I do not know anything about BPD either sorry.

S x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »
I can't help with BPD, hopefully someone will

Take care

DmxDex

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »
Sorry that you are having such a tough times with your therapists.

I do not know anything about BPD either sorry.

S x x

My therapist is actually really good. He is the one who has identified my emotional issues. I think he doesnt like to diagnose though as its not his job to.