Author Topic: I can't do it anymore...  (Read 1475 times)

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
I can't do it anymore...
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
I've reached breaking point. I feel really unwell physically, I keep feeling dizzy and faint and on more than one occaision today I was sure I was going to collapse. I am exhausted, I'm getting on average three hours of sleep. I can't do it anymore, I can't see a doctor because my mum won't allow it and she will find out if I go behind her back, and even if I did they can't do anything for me. I don't know what to do anymore! :'(
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough I don't know why;'
Lana Del Rey

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: I can't do it anymore...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
Icelolly, I really think that you should try to see a doctor, as you say, you really can't go on like this. 

If your mum really won't approve of you seeing the doctor despite you telling her your symptoms it may be time for something a little more drastic.  By this I mean telling someone at school that you feel really unwell and explain that you feel dizzy and like you are going to collapses.  This should get you sent home with someone telling your mum that you should be taken to the doctor.

I think that given the way you are feeling it may be the case that the GP could do something, they can't just let it go on.

Buttercup xxx

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
I agree with Buttercup, either that or when you start getting dizzy etc again go to A&E

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
Thanks x

I'm wondering if I might be better off in A&E, probably be better looked after there. :'(
Lana Del Rey

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
I think you're right.  They would do everything they needed and you'd have answers.  I really feel for you Icelolly, you shouldn't have to face this on your own &*( &*(

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Thanks buttercup x

No one would take me though, and if I did get someone to take me then my mum would go bananas. I also have a 10 hour art exam over the next two days. Why does eveything have to happen at the wrong time!

There is also the possibllity that they might just tell me that there is nothing wrong with me at the hospital and send me home again :'(
Lana Del Rey

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
You should not be feeling like this icelolly.  Is there anyone else you can talk to and go with them to see your dr or take you to A&E?

S x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

smirfy21

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
I don't understand your mum, why won't se allow you to see your GP does she not understand that by doing so she is risking your health, what is her problem with you seeing your GP?

I really think that you need to take matters into your own hands and find a way to talk to somebody, go to your school councellor or principal and explain that you are in crisis medically and that your mother will not allow you to get help, that way they have to get the crisis team or social services depending on your age envolved. I know this seems rather drastic but I highly advice you to get the help you need and not allow your mum to stand in your way as I worry for you and your health.

do you have any other family members that could help you, such as aunt or uncle, grandparents?

please don't wait to get help as this may make things much worse
smirfy ;)

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
I don't think so shaz, I don't really know anyone who would be able to do that for me :(

Smirfy, its because she thinks there is nothing wrong with me, I don't have any other family members I can speak to either. I could tell head of house what's going on but I don't think there is anything she can do about it :(
Lana Del Rey

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Ice Lolly,

This is awful.

You are intelligent ienought o know what is best for you. If you need to go to the doctors then go, it doesnt matter what your mum says. She cannot stop you from going. Perhaps you need to get the doctor to right your mum a letter.

Steve XX

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:12 PM »
Icelolly, the school also has a duty of care to you that they can not ignore.  Steve's right your mum cannot stop you from going to the doctors.

Buttercup xxx

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »
Thanks x

My mum can't stop me, but its impossible to make an appointment myself because I'm on the way to school at the time I need to phone in, it would be impossible for me to get to the appointment because I always walk home with my brother and he would tell my mum if I wasn't there.

And I have just been to the doctor, its going to look a bit funny if I go in and say I have been feeling really ill the day after I saw her and she told me that I'm just a bit worried :(
Lana Del Rey

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
Rather than looking funny Icelolly, I would hope that it would send a message to your doctor about the level of distress you are experiencing.

Xxx

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 09:52:26 PM »
I hope so, I'm going to speak to head of house tomorrow and tell her exactly how unwell I am feeling and see what she thinks. She has said it the past that she can speak with my doctor if she needs to, and I think she needs to now :(
Lana Del Rey

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
Kept feeling really faint in my art exam, thought about telling the teacher I was feeling really ill but what with the girl who choked on the mint and the girl who broke her ankle I didn't think the school would want to call a third ambulance today :-\

It passed after about ten minutes but leaves me feeling really weak and shaky after, happened a couple of times today :(

Couldn't find head of house, she wasn't in her office over lunch and to be honest I don't know what I am supposed to say to her :(
Lana Del Rey