Author Topic: Just had some very good health news...  (Read 8870 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Just had some very good health news...
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:00:53 PM »
Got a phone call from my GP surgery's pharmacist on Friday saying that I needed to get my blood pressure and a few blood tests taken to make sure my newest prescription isn't doing me any damage, so I went for that today and remembered to ask to get my weight checked too.

My heart was racing when she tried to take my blood pressure the first time which I reckon was a result of my anxiety about falling over and not being able to get back to my feet again, 'cos it's the same even in the street I live in when I take the puppy out for her walks every day.  She checked my weight first then did the blood tests then tried my blood pressure again and it was fine then. 

The good news :singes15: though and the reason I'm so excited  :excited: is that I've lost 5kg (aka 10lbs) since it was last checked in October :yay: and I've only got 3kg (6lbs) to get down to my ideal weight :m121:, so hopefully that'll be sorted by the start of Summer :weather86: :sSig_cool2: then I can find a way to lose the belly and thigh fat... not worrying about that yet though, one thing at a time  :lolbig2:

I'm gonna push the boat out and have a celebratory J2O now... feeling sooooo good right now though, and to make things even better, the puppy is coming home at some point this afternoon too... today is going great so far!   :yes10:

:banana: :cheerleader2: :signs0066:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Just had some very good health news...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »
Well done  :arms: :yourock2: weight loss is definitely one of those favourite doctors like to lecture patients on.

I've lost about a stone in weight but still need to lose another 3 stone to get near my ideal weight but at least I'm heading the right way.  I've started building up on my swimming as I'm doing Swim22 for Diabetes UK which starts on the 22nd Feb.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Just had some very good health news...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:12:41 AM »
You can do it, Pip... take it slowly and steadily and you can do it! 

I'm less than half the size I was when I came out of hospital in 2003 (a size 28-30 then and size 12-14 now) just by reducing my portion sizes, having home-cooked meals instead of two take-aways a day and walking Mitzi up and down the street every day.  Having the Fitbit has made me more aware of what I'm putting into my body too and the steps target is fantastic and has encouraged me to walk more.  In the last 13 months alone I've tripled the distance I walk the puppy on Tuesday to Sunday (was 250% in January 2019 but it's now 750% in the morning and another 250% in the afternoon) and on Monday it's double that.

Take it really really slowly and make one change at a time and you'll get there in the end.   :yes10:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.