Author Topic: So proud of myself!  (Read 5644 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
So proud of myself!
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I had to share the awesome news that I've now dropped 8 clothes sizes since 2003... I came out of hospital size 28 and I'm now size 12!  It also means that I've only got one more size to drop before I'm back to my ideal clothes size of a perfect 10!

I haven't been on a diet and the only exercise I've done is walking Mitzi (the pup) up and down the street three times every morning for the last 5 years!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Grace

• Global Moderator
Re: So proud of myself!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »
This is truly awesome news Amanda!!  :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :happy0158: Congratulations!!! I was proud of myself for I have dropped 7 kilos last year and managed to keep them off, but I'm still size 16 and slightly overweight!!
Keep it up Amanda .... and also for being so kind in answering all those who write on this forum!

Grace

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »
Thank you Grace!  I haven't got a clue what I weigh now but I was 144kg in Summer 2003 when I was size 28 and I'm not stable enough on my feet to weigh myself so I'm going by clothes sizes instead.  I'm 5 foot 1 and size 10 is the right size for my height so that's what I'm aiming for   :happy0158:  I'm not denying myself anything and I'm not doing any exercise other than the 60 metres (roughly) that I walk Mitzi every morning, for example I had a Burger King meal yesterday for tea, a huge bar of chocolate for lunch and a leftover piece of cheesecake for breakfast yesterday.  Far from healthy, but so what?!   :tongue0015:  lol
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:53:55 PM by Amanda_George »

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »
I look at food and put on weight on  :( .  I've tried loads of diet including a sensible, healthy diet and I get plenty of exercise but nothing works.

You have done extremely well to lose that amount of weight  :cheerleader:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »
The first few months after I came out of hospital were hard because my stomach (the internal organ) had grown too big while I was in hospital after being confined to the ward and usually the bed because I was so unsteady on my feet that I couldn't even go from the bed to the chair without going base over apex and I didn't want them to think I had an eating disorder so I cleared my plate 3 times a day, every day, for 3 months and came out 11 clothes sizes bigger (size 28) than I went in (size 6) but I'm so close to doing it now!  I allow myself one total pig-out a year (Christmas Day) and only eat until I'm full now and stop as soon as I feel full because it takes about half an hour for the message to go from your stomach to your brain to stop eating.

It's taken well over a decade but I'm so close to being the right clothes size for my height now!