Author Topic: Feeling sad today  (Read 1733 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Feeling sad today
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
A couple of hours ago I found out that a dear friend died yesterday.  We never met in real life and our paths crossed because of adoption ten years ago so not the 'conventional' way to make a friend.  I knew she had been ill for a long time due to COPD but she seemed a bit better of late.  Never thought I would see the day that the death of a friend I had never met in real life would hit me so hard  :'( .

ParsnipPierre

• Karma Group
Re: Feeling sad today
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
Hello Pip,
So sorry to hear about your friend dying.  Luckily I've never had to experience that.  Whilst we have friends who we never see/meet we still have that emotional connection and things in common (the adoption) that we have with friends we see everyday/a lot so it will still hit you hard.  I hope you get through this ok.  COPD is a nasty illness, which slowly drains the life out of you like a cancer, stroke would.  Least if she seemed a bit better of late, she wasn't in a constant decline, so you can take some comfort from that. Sending you a big hug  :hug:
PP x
"Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness"

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »
Thanks, on top of that a friend that we made through bible study which he led died two weeks ago of lung cancer.  It's his funeral on Monday morning which we are going to.   That friend was 80 years old so he had a good life.  What's helping is I do believe they have gone to heaven and I am able to remember happy times.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »
Hi Pip, sorry to hear of your loss, it can indeed be a shock to hear of the passing of a friend we have never met. :hug:
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water