Author Topic: Not sure or not?  (Read 6731 times)

CatAndMouse

• Karma Group
Not sure or not?
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »
now i dont know if im just overeacting, the last thing i want to do is underestimate what its like havng an eating disorder, but im worried im slipping into one :/ maybe ive just become more aware of it because my friend keeps comparing depression to it, i dont know.

But i just dont want to eat anymore, i struggle with self harming and it just feels like, if i dont eat and feel the hunger, then i can feel like im punishing myself without the scars so no one will know. most of the time now i dont even realise that im not eating. i always have breakfast (same thing every day-comfort habit) but then i will have maybe a cereal bar and thats it. its like hunger doesnt even bother me anymore. after ive eaten, about 20 minutes later i feel like im going to throw up. i dont know what it is, maybe all these are just built up symptoms of depression and not an ED, but id rather know that know so im not worrying about it. what do you think??

Thanks, CatAndMouse

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Not sure or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
Depression very often decreases appetite drastically but I dont know enough about ED to advise, if you are worried about can you discuss with your doctor or a help line?  xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

CatAndMouse

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
probably not my doctor seen as my parents dont know about my depression, nor doesn any GP or counsellor..but ill try a helpline, i never thought of that, thanks :)

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
Feel for you. I know when I was severely depressed I struggled to eat. A help line is a good idea if you cannot talk with your Dr. Take care. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »
Hi CatandMouse, I can relate to what you are saying here. I don't want to eat and everything I do eat feels forced, then later I feel like I want to be sick. I skip meals all the time and don't even realise. Only difference is that I have 'binge days' and just eat for the sake of it. If you can't speak to a doctor about it then a help line might be a good idea. Take care xxx
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough I don't know why;'
Lana Del Rey