Author Topic: group therapy  (Read 1870 times)

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
group therapy
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
last week i attended my first ever group session for anger management mmmmmmmm after an hour had had enough and just couldnt cope with other people moaning about this and that and i understand that is the point of group things but it seems when a sufferer of depression it aint the way.
i didnt just not turn up to the nxt session etc i phoned up and explained and after xplaining to one person i was put throuhght to a councilor (xcuse spelling )
i had to go ova why wasnt right for me n couldnt go again and it was agreed i needed a new assesment so next week will try again but am making it clear i cant cope with groups etc.

do many people have only the option of group therapy??????

as one on one therapy etc there is such a long waiting list in area im in if it wasnt for samaritens id be real stuch at times as real thought could cope in groups with others but its just the moaning that sets me off not just irratating but causeing a black cloud of depression that once arrives is there for a long time. the plan is to go to the 2nd assesment and guess will be on a waiting list again not happy about that as wish more was available quicker etc.

thanks for reading throught my ramblings , tc 8-)

CharleysAngel'

• Karma Group
Re: group therapy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »
I for one would be very upset if my only option was group therapy. There is no way I would sit in a room with other people and talk about my problems. Not only do I find it hard to be with strangers but that sort of stuff is very personal.

And I am the same as you, I can't stand listening to other people moaning, when you are feeling low the last thing you want is to have to listen to someone else going on about their problems.

I hope you get this sorted soon, if you feel that group therapy isn't right for you then there should be alterantive therapies offered to you.

Best of luck xx
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough I don't know why;'
Lana Del Rey

Micky

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
What is this forum, if not group therapy?

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
I can talk about things on this forum because it's not face to face.  The idea of group therapy would terrify me, just having to open up to a group of people, whilst being trapped in a room.  No this would not be for me either.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 09:55:30 PM »
I agree with Buttercup this forum is not face to face and people find it easier to open up here.  We can ask and reply in our own time.  I personally found group therapy helpful for me, but the group I attended only had 4 participants.  But not everyone is the same and its not for everyone.

S x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
its easier on here to write msgs as its not face to face and the feeling unable to cope with it doesnt come to mind