Author Topic: Quetiapine  (Read 6041 times)

Bexwa

• Karma Group
Quetiapine
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I have been on this drug now for the last six months and I just wanted to see other peoples views on the drug.

I'm having quite a few bad side effects I don't seem to have a personality any more and putting on tonnes of weight. I just don't know whether its worth taking any more. I think I preferred the way I was to the way I am now.

Just wondered if anyone else felt the same or share their own experiences :)
Assume it's a joke and then work backward.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Quetiapine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
Sorry, cant help with that one,  not one of the many Ive been prescribed....
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
Its been a bit of a nightmare, I am on such a low dosage as well (25mg) and now the doctor said he wants me to be on more then quadruple that. Just don't think I can handle it to be honest.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »
I started takeing it yesterday, started on 50mg and each night working up by 50 to 300, then possibly up to 800.
I'm a bit scared now after reading what a low dosage can do :(
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:54:51 PM »
I just find it a little horrible. I'm not used to taking such things and it might just be me but it knocks me out for about 12 hours if not more. And I have put on about 2 stone since starting. But again that could just be me. Sorry xx

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
most meds affect people in diffrent ways and i took my first one last night and it did knock me out very quickly but thats a good thing for me, its the first time ive slept for over 6 hours straight in well over a year :)
weight can always be lost again if your not comfortable with it.
most importantly dont be sorry
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
That was always the side effect I did like, the sleeping. The rest kinda sucked lol

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:03 PM »
i feel so much closer to being human in the morning after actually sleeping a nearly normal amount, but i stay VERY drowsy, does that subside ?

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
It hasn't for me yet and I've been on it since May :( yet another reason why I don't like it.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
oh no :(  last night i went up to 200mg and i slept for WAY too long :( suppose to take 300 tonight, really dont want to

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »
I cant imagine what it would be like taking that much. My doctor said he wants to get me onto that but for some reason he's taking his time with it. I'm kinda glad. Hope you feel better tomorrow and the drowsiness passes.

Holykimura

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »
I'm on 600mg to be reviewd on Thursday, I have put shed loads of weight on and this only makes me feel down about my weight:( it's kind of counter productive in that sense )

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »
thankfully i wont be going any higher than 400mg, ive been reduced down to 200 for a little while, but yet again this seems to be another medication i react badly too :(

Bexwa

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
Holykimura, that's exactly how I feel. I am bulimic and it's just making me so much worse and I'm on a low dose! They won't put me on any higher until they think I'm not a suicide risk any more ::) I just wish there was something I could do. I stopped taking it but then I've been going mental and screaming a lot, so I've just gone back on it. And the side effects are starting all over again.

I really hope something comes out soon that can help us rather then this rubbish because we desperately need it. :( hope you're all well xxx

Holykimura

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
Yeah I raised my weight issue with my consultant this week, she said that as I was stable and that if my mental health was ok then what's a little weight gain? Aaargh! I felt like screaming! Cut out the chocolate and biscuits she said and exercise more! I play football three times a week, go to the gym three times a week and walk my dog 2.5 miles a day, i try to limit my buscuit intake to 4 a day and have 1 bar of chocolate a week how much more can I do?  "£$