Author Topic: bulimia sufferer  (Read 6899 times)

smirfy21

• Karma Group
bulimia sufferer
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
I am Bulimic and I have struggled everyday since this whole thing started and it is slowly destroying my life. I also suffer from Bipolar disorder and have recently been placed in an outpatients program and a bulimia clinic once a week.
I thought that It would be good for me to start talking about how this is affecting me and how this whole thing developed. and if anyone would like to share their experiances or thoughts that would be great.
smirfy

Lol

• Karma Group
Re: bulimia sufferer
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
Hi Smirfy 21

I'm sorry you're going through this. What about this incredible difficult illness would you like to share with us?

smirfy21

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:56:16 PM »
I dont really know what in particular I want to share I guess I just want to use this forum as a way or getting my feelings out. At the moment I guess I wish I knew how to tell them that I want to start eating normaly and that it is megga hard for me not to binge and vomit, that  I am sorry for the stress I am causing and that the last thing I want is to be tube fed.
I hate this condition and what it is doing to my family
smirfy

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
Of course. Who is them? The most positive thing is that you WANT to eat normally. You have just said some incredibly strong and powerful things. You want to eat normally, it is very hard for you, and you are sorry for what it is causing your family. This is very difficult and you are going through some awful distress. How did this develop?

smirfy21

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:49 PM »
My mom mainly she means lots to me as we have been through a lot within the past three years.
I have been bulimic for longer than I can remember, I hate it and I really wish that I wasn't stressing my family out especially as I also suffer from bipolar aswell as bulimia and It all kind of came out at the same time.
If I could end of all this then that would be great but its going to take me years to recover and even then I am still going to a bulimia sufferer.
Today has been realllllllly hard. Their really isn't any reason for my condition it just comes on and comes on strong, I find myself rocking, binging and desperate to stop myself from vomiting it all up.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
Smirfy21 that sounds so depressing I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. You are feeling consumed by this very difficult illness and it is difficult for you to see a way that it could all stop. Do you have access to professional guidance? Are you able to articulate your feelings to your mum? Is she supportive? Is there anything that anyone could say when you feel this way that would help you to stay strong and not do the things you so wish to stop?

smirfy21

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »
been taking part in a bulimia clinic and its the best thing I could have done although the triggers since being back at uni have been horrendous so I am finding myself having to fight the condition lots more now. Mum is supportive but is very afraid so as you can imagine she is desperate for a quick fix unfortunately I don't really tell anyone when I need to binge and I become somebody you really don't want to be around it really is like I have been possesed so I tend to hide away in my room.

the past couple of weeks have made me realise that I need to be a lot stricter with my treatment and myself and to slow down and ask for help. I feel like I am starting again for like the thousands time.

hear is to recovery
smirfy $%^