Author Topic: how do you deal with your panic attacks  (Read 7730 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
how do you deal with your panic attacks
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »
the best thing for me seems to be get somewhere quiet and take some diazepam occasionally followed by si :( .
any one else have a better way for me to cope ??
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

lightenup

• Karma Group
Re: how do you deal with your panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:09:49 PM »
Trying to breathe through it (very slowly) and keeping a nice thought in the for front of my mind.  However when I ge back to my comfort zone I completly fall to pieces or am totally exhausted ::)
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
Breathing slowly for me too, trying to make the breath low down.  Trying to put whatever has made me panic out of my mind.

If that doesnt work its diazapam and curl up in a dark room if possible.
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »
I'll give the breathing a go,  I really don't want to keep dependin on diaziapam all the time, I'm sure it affects my judgement, especially when my safety is involved :(
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Alstare1974

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »
Try 7 11 breathing. Breathe in for a count of 7 and out for a count of 11 until you aren't having the attack

lbruk

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
I havent had a bad anxiety attack for some months now, i never really learned a good way to deal with them, i just removed myself from the situation that was making me anxious. Not a particurly helpful way of dealing with it, and also the aftermath of leaving whereever it was really wasnt that nice either.
L

carrie_m

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »
I think it depends on where you are having you're panic attacks, when I have an attack on my own I close my eyes and count while I breath, it takes my mind off what is happening by counting but my breathing returns to normal. If I have a panic attack when I'm with a friend/family member I usually cuddle them, this way they can rub you're back in the motion of slow breaths and their breathing usually helps me get back my own. x

winter

• Karma Group
    • songs from lost voices
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
I always keep a smooth stone in my pocket. (i use tigers eye, but any smooth stone will do). When you feel a panic, just turn it over and over in your hand and feel the panic wash down and out of the stone. I use it to relieve some pain in my leg.
Its also handy to keep a paper bag on your person as well. Breathing in and out with that also helps.

Cubone

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
Ive been told by my doctor that what I am suffering from are panic attacks, but to me its weird. I don't seem to get any kind of panic or fear, just really sudden intense illness. My heads swimming, and I get like, a second or two of vertigo. Im freezing cold but sweats pouring off me, I will literally end up soaked. Its like a sudden exhaustion. Staying upright and awake is a physical struggle!

The worst of it is usually over in an hour, but it leaves me so drained I cant even think straight, all the while Im pretending Im fine cuz Im at work, or out with friends, or with my family and dont want to scare them..

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
panic attacks come in different forms and what you are saying sounds like some of what i get during an attack.