Author Topic: stuart illness  (Read 1319 times)

cathy

stuart illness
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
 hi my name is cathy and want to no if any body is suffering with depersonaizetion sorry about spelling my husband was admitted saturday evening and he also has rhumtiod arthritis which i do understand but not the depersonalizeation all i no is it is a form of depresstion any body that could give me advise would be helpfull :'(

cathy

Re: stuart illness
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »

hi my name is cathy and want to no if any body is suffering with depersonaizetion sorry about spelling my husband was admitted saturday evening and he also has rhumtiod arthritis which i do understand but not the depersonalizeation all i no is it is a form of depresstion any body that could give me advise would be helpfull :'(
[/quote]

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: stuart illness
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
Hi Cathy... I'm so sorry about your husband. I would imagine its so hard being the partner of someone with a depressive illness, never mind something that's even harder to understand than depression itself....

I personally haven't suffered from depersonalisation, nor do I know anyone that has. I think the closest I have come to it is the complete lack of emotion and the detachment that anti-depressants can give you. I assume that this is similar, although not the same and believe me its is frustrating on the person that is suffering as well as those closest to them. Before I was diagnosed with depression I would cry ALL the time. My breathing naturally took on that shaky breathing you get after a good cry.... as I'm sat here now, I cannot remember the last time I cried! Not because I am ridiculously happy - completely the opposite, I'm currently feeling as if I am heading in reverse and quickly! (but thats a different story) but everything feels like its outside of my little bubble... I know what I SHOULD feel, be it anger, sadness, fear, love etc... but I find myself doing what i should do to express emotion, its not something that comes naturally at the moment.

The one thing that you can hold onto, is that if your husband has been admitted he really is in the right hands. Sometimes it can be a long hard struggle to get to the professionals, but in my experience, once you are there they really do know what they are doing and its a road in the right direction,

My thoughts are with you -  as I said up top, it really cannot be easy. I know its hard to think of yourself when something is wrong with your loved one but the best thing you can do is keep yourself well and as relaxed as possible. I know its hard, but this wont be forever.

&*( Nay
This too shall pass.