Author Topic: Fresh lavendar  (Read 1319 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Fresh lavendar
« on: August 12, 2024, 04:16:34 PM »
It's been over a decade since anyone posted in here so I dunno if anyone still reads it or not, but wanted to ask just in case.

I love the scent of lavendar and I'm pondering on buying, growing and hopefully not killing my first ever lavendar plant, but I haven't got the foggiest clue about how to look after it!

Is it an indoor or outdoor or both kinda plant?

Is it easy to look after or is it easier to kill it within the first week?

Does it prefer to live in pots or does it prefer to live naturally?

Does it prefer the sun or the shade?

Is it easy to under/over water it?

Is it a good plant for beginner gardeners or should I give it a few years of growing other plants first?

I haven't got a garden, just a tiny back yard that's even tinier now that I've got the air source heat pump out there... is that a big problem for lavendar plants please?

I've got the least green fingers you've ever come across but I managed not to kill a cherry tomato plant that was already potted and pretty well established a few years ago but that's my only achievement when it comes to recent gardening.

If lavendar is out of the question for me, what about roses as well as or instead of lavendar please?

Thank you so much.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Fresh lavendar
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 11:38:40 AM »
Personally I'm dangerous near plants except for roses and trees despite liking all types of plants but I seem to give them the kiss of death.  They can be put inside particularly in the winter but the advice is to have them outside in the ground or hanging baskets, thisis article is straightforward https://www.jacksonsnurseries.co.uk/heathers-planting-guide.html

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Fresh lavendar
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 04:44:08 PM »
Personally I'm dangerous near plants except for roses and trees despite liking all types of plants but I seem to give them the kiss of death.  They can be put inside particularly in the winter but the advice is to have them outside in the ground or hanging baskets, thisis article is straightforward https://www.jacksonsnurseries.co.uk/heathers-planting-guide.html

Thank you Pip... sounds like Lavendar isn't right for me then unfortunately... I was in waaaay too deep within a couple of sentences of reading that page!  lol  There was a rose that was already  planted when we moved in 26 years ago and it thrived despite absolutely no care from us at all lol
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.