Author Topic: Transgender activist Sarah Jane Baker who spent 30 years in jail for kidnap....  (Read 3262 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12307299/transgender-activist-sarah-jane-baker-recalled-prison.html

Transgender activist Sarah Jane Baker who spent 30 years in jail for kidnap and attempted murder is recalled to men's prison for 'calling on people to punch a TERF' at London Pride rally

By Tom Cotterill

Published: 17:11, 17 July 2023 | Updated: 17:41, 17 July 2023

A transgender activist who served 30 years behind bars for attempted murder has been recalled to jail after allegedly urging a crowd at a trans rally to 'punch a TERF'.  Sarah Jane Baker, 53, was charged with a public order offence following an incident at the Trans Pride event in Westminster, London, on July 8.  It comes amid accusations she called for violence against those critical of the transgender movement. Baker denies the offence.   Baker, of Richmond, reportedly told a cheering crowd at the rally: 'I was gonna come here and be really fluffy and be really nice and say yeah be really lovely and queer and gay. Nah, if you see a TERF, punch them in the f****** face.'

She was arrested following the alleged incident and has been recalled to prison for breaching her licence conditions, the Met Police said. MailOnline understand she is has been sent to a male-only jail, amid speculation she was in a facility for females.  A spokeswoman for the Met Police added: 'A 53-year-old woman has been charged with a public order offence following an incident during the Trans Pride event in Westminster on Saturday, 8 July.  She was also recalled to prison for breaching the terms of her licence conditions.'

Baker was charged on Thursday and appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday, where she pleaded not guilty to the alleged public order offence.  TERF is the acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist, a term often used to refer to critics of trans ideology.  Baker was originally jailed for kidnapping and torturing her stepmother's brother, she was then convicted while behind bars of the attempted murder of another inmate when she was 21. She was released in 2019.

Baker, a violinist and artist who is originally from Brixton in South London, later claimed the victim an alleged child rapist - had bullied her.  Speaking to the Anything Goes with James English podcast in 2020, Baker described how she had always felt uncomfortable in a male body and, in December 2017, resorted to drastic measures by cutting off her own testicles.  'I hated my body and I reached out to the staff and said to them, ''if you don't help me, I will help myself'', and they just laughed,' she remembered.

'I said, ''I will remove my own testicles, that's what I'll do''.  I am genuinely a person of my word, if I tell you I'm going to do something then I'm going to do it.  I've also been diagnosed with a personality disorder and one of my risk factors is being impulsive. It was an impulsive decision that I made to take a prison razor blade at 2 o'clock in the morning and to remove my own testicles.'

She admitted that this had been an incredibly 'dangerous' decision, but said it had felt 'important'.  Baker admitted to getting involved in drug dealing, phone smuggling and sex work while behind bars.  The 53-year-old is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday six days before her 54th birthday.