Author Topic: Revolut - trustworthy or avoid please?  (Read 2068 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Revolut - trustworthy or avoid please?
« on: April 12, 2022, 05:38:51 PM »
Steve was hit by the COVID scam a week or so ago and has completely had his savings wiped out so he hasn't got any way to pay for anything 'cos his savings and current account have been frozen or something, so he's totally reliant on me to pay for everything now.

One of my newest friends (as in I didn't even know they existed until about a month before NaNo21) is a regular reader of my blog and reached out to me for some reason and we've been emailing every day since.  He recommended a couple of drinks to me that I'm now a huge fan of and when I mentioned about Steve being conned, he mentioned the Revolut card that you apparently put however much onto and use that for online purchases you aren't sure about but wanna try.

It sounds like a really good idea and he has in no way pressured me to set up an account or anything like that, I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience of it and if you'd say that it's safe to use or best avoided.

I've just tried to call my bank to get their opinion, but the first question the automated voice asked was what the call was about so I froze, hung up and put my debit card away (it had the number to call on the back of it) - I've never liked using the phone but that totally made my mind freeze.  I'm sure it's genuine and to get me to the right department and stuff, but I just can't deal with automated calls like that.

Sooo, does anyone here have any experience of using Revolut card and if you do, what do you honestly think of it please?

Thank you!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.