Author Topic: Man in creepy discovery during shop renovation beneath 1950s dental surgery  (Read 2251 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/man-creepy-discovery-during-shop-26200987?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_morning_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Man in creepy discovery during shop renovation beneath 1950s dental surgery

A Facebook user has told how "a couple of hundred teeth rained down" during renovation work on a shop below a 1950s dental surgery with the picture horrifying people on social media

By Tim Hanlon News Reporter

05:39, 11 Feb 2022 Updated 05:53, 11 Feb 2022

A man has told how hundreds of yellowing teeth were discovered during a shop renovation which was found to be located underneath a 1950s dental surgery.  Facebook users were left horrified at seeing a pic of the yellow, decaying teeth that was posted by Byron Carr on the Forgotten New Hampshire page, in the US.  One person said it gave them a “serial killer vibe” and many others told how “creepy” it made them feel.  Mr Carr wrote that it was when a tradesman was pulling down storefronts put up in the 1960s in Concord that the unsavoury discovery was made.  He wrote: “In a retail space in Phenix Hall the worker pulling down some old ceiling metal yelled out, "holy c***!"  He came down the ladder with five teeth that had fallen out of the ceiling.”

When the man went back to work he found plenty more continued to fall.  "A couple hundred teeth rained down on him. He was a bit creeped out for a while. Below is some of those teeth. My boss said there had been a dentist on the second floor in the 50s," said Mr Carr.

He also realised that one of the teeth could have been his as he went as a youngster to the dentist who he claimed to be scary.  Mr Carr continued: "That makes one of those teeth mine. His office was a bit spooky for me as a kid. All dark wood trim and wainscoting, dark chair and all those articulating arms with whirling pulleys and a drill on the end.  "To top it off he was the twin of Alfred Hitchcock. When my second teeth came in he said I had too many and needed to pull one. I had no say in the matter but thought at least the tooth fairy will leave some money tonight. When he popped out the tooth he lost control of it and flew across the room ricocheting a few times."

The tooth was never found but Mr Carr gave a hint as to how all the teeth could have gathered as there was a hole in the flooring.  "We never found it. I was real bummed and crying," he continued:

"It seems when he swept the floor there was a hole by the steam radiator pipe that was a good size to make sweepings disappear. I couldn't find my tooth in that pile so no money. I wonder how much I would get if I put all of them under my pillow?"

The image of the teeth has left people shocked especially those who hate going to the dentist.  “If I was the guy who found these I’d have thrown up everywhere. Teeth are a huge fear of mine. Ew, just ew! It’s like staring in a SAW movie!” one woman wrote.

“This pic gives me a serial killer vibe,” another said.

“My fear of the dentist just intensified by 1,000 per cent,” a woman said.