Author Topic: Care Plan Approach  (Read 2472 times)

RainyDay

• Karma Group
Care Plan Approach
« on: January 21, 2022, 08:15:51 PM »
Hi,  New to forum but not new to depression sadly. I’ve been deemed as mentally ‘fragile’, vulnerable and high risk by my GP, CPN and crisis team. I’m risk assessed twice a week and they have implemented a ‘safety plan’.
Last week I was given a form to fill out for ‘My Care Plan’ so from google search looks like they are going down the line of a Care plan approach. Never had this before and wondered if anyone else had that could tell me more about it?

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Care Plan Approach
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 08:03:08 AM »
I've never had one, but it sounds like your GP, CPN and crisis team are on the ball for you... the most important thing though, is do you trust them to support you when you're feeling on the edge?
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

RainyDay

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 04:04:10 PM »
I think so, crisis have been really good they were calling daily initially. Speak to them every second day now. When I was struggling last week my CPN arranged a video call the same day, advised me to take time off of work and brought me in for a face to face appointment.
I’ve just had occupational health assessment yesterday and she has said not fit for work and I need referred to an Occupational Health Physcian for review.
I’ve one GP I’ve got a really good relationship with and trust his judgement however, he wasn’t the one dealing with my referrals to CMHT - was another GP who was quite dismissive of me until I called for an appointment one day due to how I was feeling and he advised reception to tell me to go to hospital. I didn’t , reception called back at lunch time to see if I went, then the doctor spoke to me and finally took me seriously when he realised I had the means to carry out a plan.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 06:45:19 PM »
Hello RainyDay and I'm glad you've got good support around you.  Grab whatever you can now regardless of whether you feel like it or having a good day as you will reach a time when you will be thankful that you did.

Unfortunately I haven't gone through the same process as you nor have I filled out any forms or had a CPN so basically had to muddle my way through.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 12:26:35 PM »
I agree with Pip... grab and hold on to any support you are offered, even if you don't feel like you need it at that time!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.