Author Topic: I'm new here - Hello!  (Read 3575 times)

busybee

I'm new here - Hello!
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm Busybee, i chose that name cos i feel like i never get a minute to myself, i'm a 28 year old female from Notts in the UK!

i have had depression for about 8 years this is the 3rd time ive been on meds as it seems to be a relapse for me i was doing "ok" until about 4 months ago and again i hit rock bottom, i have a BF and two beautiful children who drive me up the wall but if it wasnt for them i'm not sure what my purpose would be, at the moment i feel like i am kind of just existing some days are better than others so i'm taking it one step at a time, anyway enough waffling form me i just wanted to introduce myself.

L x  +=-

kern

• Karma Group
Re: I'm new here - Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
Hello busybee. :)

♥ nice to meet you.
I’m not depressed! The rest of the world is too blooming happy. ♥

busybee

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
Hi Kern

Its a very quiet site isnt it in here?

L x

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
Hi Busybee,

It gets busy here then goes quiet for a while so I'm hoping it will pick up again.  Being summer might have a bit to do with it as there are other parents here with schiil age children children.

I've been suffering lately with being depressed and when I am I tend to go quiet - certain times of the year are bad for me late July/August being one of then.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
Would you two mind talking a look at this thread as this member can do with a bit of support http://depressionforums.co.uk/dpf/index.php?topic=49.msg130#new - thanks

Golding

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »
Hello

I'm also new. I live north of Manchester and have suffered from depression since I was 27 years old (although when I trace back over my life I find evidence of symptoms dating from childhood, I just didn't realise the problem). I'm now 39 years of age and one of the depressive disorders I suffer from is seasonal affective disorder. Around this time of year (August - September) I start to feel very low. However, strange as it sounds this is also my favourite time of year as my depressed state of mind tends to absorb the beauty of autumn in greater detail (I know that might sound like poetic crap but that's the way it is. One thing I always love about September is the way an urban street has a kind of scrubbed, washed-out look. And the more falling leaves around parks and industrial estates the better.)

I've joined this forum becuase I am losing patience with people assuming I'm stupid when all I really am is prone to depression which makes me absent-minded. I'm also fed up with the average Joes who think depression can be cured simply by choosing not to be depressed - which tends to strike me as something an extreme right wing fascist might prescribe. So I thinks it's high time I made contact with other people who may be able to offer support and reassurance as it's a terribly lonely life sometimes. I want to remove the societal gag that prevents me sharing my problems and blocking opportunities to help others in the same boat.

Please post me a reply and let me know if any of the above sounds familiar.

kern

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
Hello and welcome.

I’m still a newbie too and from Manchester.
I can understand the better appreciation of the beautiful when depressed. It seems to go hand in had with it. Especially August, It’s my birthday month. My favourite month is November and I tend to be rather down in this month too.
Meh! Depression lets you see thing you would other wise ignore I think. (Surprisingly there’s a good side to being depressed??) LoL
As for that choosing to be happy lark!
I choose happy everyday… don’t seem to get what I want.
I have a lot of problems with people assuming because I’m depressed and agoraphobic that I have literally no life. The fact I have no children doesn’t help either. Apparently I have “nothing to be depressed about” as I apparently “don’t do much.”
I may be stuck in my house and I may not be able to run around in the outside world to prove to everyone how smart I can be. Being depressed may make me a little forgetful and possibly unstable at times, but that in no way makes me simple or unintelligent.

Einstein was a genius but he suffered from depression! *&^

Anyway sorry if i got carried away. Nice to meet you.   *()

+=- ♥

I’m not depressed! The rest of the world is too blooming happy. ♥

Ezel

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »
 ^&* Golding ~ it is tough when people make assumptions and I have noticed that it is generally intelligent people with above average IQ's who suffer with depression.  I don't know if there are any statistics on that though.

Kern ~ talk about coincidences.  I have suffered with depression since my teens but got worse since I was 19 and is partially adoption related as I was coerced into surrendering - well bullied and blatently lied to do so is a more honest way of putting it.  My son's birthday is in August so that's a bad month for me even though we reunited 5 years ago and my birthday is in November so whilst I love autumn I also get depressed as well.