Author Topic: In exactly 14 days from today...  (Read 4742 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
In exactly 14 days from today...
« on: January 05, 2019, 02:08:32 PM »
I took my last Citalopram on the 18th January last year so in exactly 14 days I will have been off it for exactly a year and it hasn't been too bad now that I dose myself up with vitamins every morning!  I was seriously dreading my first SAD season without the support of an AD, but it hasn't been as bad as I was dreading and I can only put that down to the supplements and morning walkies with the pup!  If I can get through it this year then I'll know that the Citalopram was just a crutch I didn't need for 16 years.

Next step, in Summer, is to reduce my dose of the Olanzapine a bit more.  I want to slowly reduce that rather than stopping suddenly like I had to with the Citalopram 'cos I do still get paranoid and want to avoid any more psychotic episodes, but dropping 5mg a year is OK innit?  That's what I'm hoping for anyway!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: In exactly 14 days from today...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »
You have done well to get this far and going out for walks with your pup will help your mood.  Our pets help me.

I want to stop taking so many meds so losing weight and getting more exercise should help.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: In exactly 14 days from today...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »
I know people may not believe me, but just walking a minimum of 25ish metres a day with the pup and dosing myself up with the four supplements every day has worked wonders for me!

I've got a fitness tracker now too and the minimum option was 2,000 steps a day... there's no way I'll be able to do that any time soon, just getting to 300 steps a day is a huge achievement but I'm just taking it slowly and steadily.

Assuming I get out the other side of the SAD the score will be me 1 v depression 0 for the first time since I was 18 which is an awesome feeling!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.