Author Topic: Security guards in shops  (Read 1365 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Security guards in shops
« on: June 21, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
This is a serious question that I posted on Facebook a couple of days ago but haven't had any replies on there or to my email so wanted to post here too just in case anyone can help me pretty please?

Don't suppose anyone knows any security guards in shopping centres do they?

It's just that I saw part of a programme Tuesday morning where a security guard helped the police to locate a previous small-time shoplifter and the police voice-over said that what starts small very quickly grows to large and I was just wondering if I could pick a security guards brain on what they would do, as part of their job, if a police officer asked them for help in locating a previous shop lifter is all.

I know you can't arrest them 'cos you ain't a cop, but can you physically hold on to them to keep them in the store until the police arrive? Is there an age limit that you can hold on to them? What happens if a 5 year old picks something off the shelf and walks out with it without paying? Do you let them go and put it down to experience or do you go after them? What is a usual shop's policy on shop-lifting 5 year olds?

Please do NOT give me any identifying details either of the shop or your company or any child shop-lifter you've dealt with... if naming is the only way you can get around making the point, please make up a name of the child or the shop or company or whatever.

If you would prefer not to be identified on the forum, you could email me at stories4childrengroup@gmail.com if you prefer?

I just wanna get another Early Reader written now that I've been struck by inspiration!

Thank you!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.