Author Topic: Money  (Read 4589 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Money
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »
Steve's a computer programmer and my general computer geek.

I asked him how much and how long it'd take to come up with a programme for me to offer on my writing site.  £100 and a week he says.

262% more and 2 months later, it's still not ready for me to offer.

I gave him the money he asked for in advance, with the promise it'd be done by that weekend.

I believed him.

Moved £100 over and couldn't wait to see what he came up with.

Two weeks later and he hadn't even started on it but needed another £100 to cover the bills.

I moved over the second hundred on the condition he finished the programme ready for me to offer by that weekend.

"No problem" he says.

September rolls around and he still hasn't started on it.

"Don't suppose I can borrow £52 just until pay day can I?" he asks.

I sigh.  Know what's coming next.  Move the money over for him.  That's £152 and 6 weeks more than he quoted.

"You've gotta at least make a start on the app before the weekend though, OK?" says I.

Steve nods his head and puts his table up and boots up his Surface.

Maybe I was wrong?  Maybe I didn't give him credit for not doing the app before?  Maybe he's been working on it while I've been asleep?

The start of October rolls around and he asks for another £100 to cover the bills.

I sigh but move it over for him.

He's just asked to borrow another tenner.

"The free version at the very least has to be ready to go in 7 days time" says I.

Steve nods his head.

Assuming he doesn't ask for any other money or time, it'll be 3 months and £362 that I've given him instead of the £100 and a week that he promised when I first asked him to do it for me!!

Taking bets on him not doing it before next year?   greensmilies-004
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »
Rick can be exactly the same yet whenever it's someone else he's on to it straight away  ::) - pm me to remind me of your post and I will get him to read your post as he might just help you.  No promises but you never know ....

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Money
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »
Steve's exactly the same.  Someone asked for his advice on some HTML last weekend and he booted up his surface and worked on it immediately. 

I'm totally redesigning the whole site so Steve's got until the middle of January to totally finish the whole programme ready for the re-launch at the start of February, but if it isn't I'll be wanting the money back immediately so that I can pay someone more reliable to do it for £100 instead of the £362 Steve's had so far!

Steve quoted me £100 and a week, it's now 3 months and £252 over the quote and I'm starting to get fed up of paying for something that's almost 3 months overdue.

Can you ask Rick how much he would charge for programming one programme with two parts to it for me please?  I've already got all the information ready to send him that I've already given Steve so if Steve hasn't produced the goods by January, I'll call on your Rick to see if he's more reliable if that's OK?

Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.