Author Topic: Been doing so well - so proud of myself today!  (Read 5557 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Been doing so well - so proud of myself today!
« on: March 06, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
Went to the pub with Fergus at lunchtime.  No big deal, right?

Wrong!

My disability means that I don't leave the house without my quad cane and crossing to the other side of the cul-de-sac is usually out of the question when I'm alone.

Today I managed to do 75% of the trip on my own and the only reason it wasn't 100% was that we met a woman with two toddlers on the corner, so I grabbed hold of Fergus' arm and lost all confidence in myself.

On the way home, I managed it all myself, even the slopey bits that I was dreading!  Fergus was right next to me to protect the traffic from me and I prolly looked like I was drunk as a skunk, but this is a huge deal for me!  I've only ever been slightly tipsy and even that was 2 decades ago.  The closest I've seemed to being drunk is putting 2 drops of peppermint into my mouth.

Yep, totally honest.  The bottle said it could be used straight out of the bottle and use the dropper to put it under your tongue... that's what I did and I quickly became very hyper... didn't get a hangover from it or anything, I just didn't like the lack of ability to control where I was going and what I was saying.  The oral vitamin B12 spray acts similarly, just not so intensely and I do actually feel like I'm still in control instead of being drunk.

I managed the 75% without any help of potions today though... I've done it once, I just need to keep doing it now!

Yay me!   :wave:  :yay:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.