Author Topic: I am so bored  (Read 3490 times)

The Pastor

• Administrator
  • Where there is no way God always finds away
I am so bored
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:57 PM »
Am at a night at costa with the church
It is all about  Valentine's Day the content could be a lot better
However they are trying bless there hearts

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: I am so bored
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
Big hug for The Pastor!   :hug:

How are you doing this morning?
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »
Got to agree with him it was boring last night.  Our evening ended up being very eventful as we take a friend home.  We got to know her through my church, she goes to the Thursday lunch club and we take her along for our bible study on Thursdays. 

It snowed here yesterday so by the time we dropped our friend, Mary, it was also very icy.  She got out of the car and The Pastor waited to see her get round to his sideof the car but she didn't.  He got out of the car then called out to me as Mary had fallen backwards and was unconscious.  It took her a couple of minutes to come round and then her breathing was alternating between shallow to laboured.  The Pastor had rang up 999 and it took an hour before an ambulance arrived. In the meantime he rang a friend who decided to come to us and an off duty police officer who was on his way home (near enough opposite) with wife came to us.  They were helpful by getting a blanket - we managed to get her key off her soon after so I could get more sheets - and talking to Mary when we weren't.

The medics decided Mary should go to hospital as she had been knocked out then been sick soon after even though they couldn't find anything else wrong.  Mary has learning difficulties, and, has had a sad life which includes finding her mother dead after going out for some shopping, her first husband dying then suffered 15 years of abuse from her second husband who died a few years ago.  It is difficult to get correct information out of Mary as she will agree to anything, for example we regularly asked Mary if she was in pain or had a headache.  She finally admitted to her daughter this afternoon that she had been in pain and had a headache.  Anyway I went with Mary while The Pastor went to pick her daughter.

Eventually we found out, after a ct scan, that when Mary hit her head her brain had hit to the front of her skull so hard that there was blood between her brain and skull.  Mary has got to stay in hospital for 48 hours for obs so that's why we were back at the hospital this afternoon.     
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:33:19 PM by Pip »

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:38:19 PM »
It sounds like you both really helped your friend last night and I'm glad she was taken to hospital eventually!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.