Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 4229 times)

Emma_Mc

This Forum
« on: September 15, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
Need to vent but im gonna keep it short and sweet, its about this Forum, this Forum kinda frustrates me as people are posting looking for support and no-one really replies, you see that their post gets lots of views but its only the same 3 or 4 people that actually reply, where are all the members to offer support? Which leads me to the Q why are people on this site? It cant make people feel too good when they leave posts looking for support and they arent actually getting any, people are just reading their posts and moving on.....just saying!!!!  X

MamaLou

Re: This Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:01:37 PM »
Due to the nature of mental illness, some of us aren't well enough to reply to posts. Selfish, I know. But there are many debilitating factors in my illness - it takes every ounce of energy to chose to be living, let alone respond to people. Maybe, I should leave the forum as I obviously have nothing to give.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Dear Louise,
Emma has a point of view that is valid but you are not part of the problem or the solution. Expecting someone as distressed and unwell as you to be offering help to other people would be farcical. You certainly shouldn't leave the site. You don't have to offer help. I wouldn't give it another seconds thought.

Love

Steve
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »
Need to vent but im gonna keep it short and sweet, its about this Forum, this Forum kinda frustrates me as people are posting looking for support and no-one really replies, you see that their post gets lots of views but its only the same 3 or 4 people that actually reply, where are all the members to offer support? Which leads me to the Q why are people on this site? It cant make people feel too good when they leave posts looking for support and they arent actually getting any, people are just reading their posts and moving on.....just saying!!!!  X

Me personally?  I need somewhere safe to vent about M that she's unlikely to find and to offer support when I can.  I don't always know what to say so on those occasions I offer a hug as a means of support.  I read every post and reply to about 90% of them but sometimes I just don't have any words to offer unfortunately!  :-[
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »
I have become increasingly busy with volunteering so I can't always find the time to post.  Members have become 'quiet' for a variety of reasons including struggling with depression so find it hard to post.  I am 'guilty' of this when I'm severely depressed which is more often than not so I find it hard to post when I'm like this.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »
I have become increasingly busy with volunteering so I can't always find the time to post.  Members have become 'quiet' for a variety of reasons including struggling with depression so find it hard to post.  I am 'guilty' of this when I'm severely depressed which is more often than not so I find it hard to post when I'm like this.

:hug: for Pip and  :hug: for anyone who is struggling atm
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.