Author Topic: My mum and brother  (Read 3383 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
My mum and brother
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »
My mum is into her 70's.

My brother has split up with his fiancee.

When they were together, my brother and his fiancee were planning to move to the coast and take over an already established B&B.  They had already decided that my mum was going to sell her home and pay for the whole effing lot as well as doing the cleaning while my brother did the accounts and his fiancee worked at a local school.

The B&B basically would be run totally by my mum while my brother got all the credit for it.

What would my mum get out of it after investing several tens of thousands of pounds in it? 

Somewhere to live. 

That's it. 

Knowing my brother it wouldn't be rent free and my mum would be running the B&B without pay too!

I've been chatting to Steve about getting my mum to move to Gloucester, in her own little place, with more busses in a morning here than she's currently got in a week!

Yep.  Totally serious.

She lives right out in the countryside right now with 3 busses a week to Oxford and that's it.

If she lived in Gloucester she could get her own little place with easy access to Gloucester and Cheltenham several times a day even if she was out in a remote part over here.

And me and Steve wouldn't expect her to work until her dying day like it sounds like my brother is doing!

She would also be able to order her groceries online and get it delivered to her as well... the supermarkets don't deliver to where she is right now because it's too far away for the drivers - she's a half an hour drive away from the nearest supermarket and she doesn't have a driving license fer flip's sake!

My brother can drive.

My brother has a car.

Neither me or my mum have either of those things and Steve doesn't have a car atm but my brother lives less than 10 miles away from my mum but he doesn't give a flip about helping out with even the essentials like taking my mum to the supermarket once a week!

Makes me want to have a right royal go at my brother, but he would take it out on my mum!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: My mum and brother
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:50 PM »
Why do siblings have to behave like that?

Sounds like your mum would be better off being in her own place nearer better public transport services. 

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: My mum and brother
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »
Thank you Pip, you are so right!  I'll support my mum, no matter what she decides to do, but it has to be her decision, not my brother's!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.