Author Topic: This is as good as it gets for me :-(  (Read 3309 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
This is as good as it gets for me :-(
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:53:35 PM »
My brain damage is for life.  I'll never remember anything for more than 15 minutes (yes, totally serious) again.
The brain damage alone will stop me from ever having a job again.

It's pointless having career aims - they will never happen now.
Nobody would want someone with a rare illness, let alone two of 'em.
I can't even earn money online because it would affect my benefits.
The closest I can get to earning money for the rest of my life is £12.62 a year because of my book (serious about that too).

The closest I will ever get to real life friendships now is seeing C and H a couple of times a month for maybe 3 hours a time.
Other than online stuff and the hubby, my social life lasts for 6 hours a month. 
I'm less social in a month than part time employees work in a week!  (serious about that as well)

I might just as well chuck in the towel now and save everyone time and money.  (I'm safe, just down but fortunately not suicidal)

I'm about ready to give up for the day, but I've got to wait up to answer the door to the hubby's tea - again.
Then I've got to be up early in the morning to walk Mitzi.
Then feed and water her.
Then let the hubby's carer in.

When Steve's carer has gone I'll put the washer/drier on.

Then I'll be able to turn on my laptop and sit down for the first time since getting up.
I don't even get to sit on the sofa.  I'm holed up in the corner, sat on a pouffe thing, right next to the trip switches (or whatever they're called) so that Steve and Mitzi are comfortable.

Steve is my carer.  I'm not Steve's.  C and H do more for me in the 6 hours a month that I see them than Steve does for me in 6 months!

Literally the only thing Steve does for me is do my bra up after I've had a bath or shower.  He does sod all for me and other than going to the bathroom and back he doesn't leave the sofa for any reason!

:bash:   :chin:   :confused0062: 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:58:21 PM by Amanda_George »
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: This is as good as it gets for me :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »
People who don't know what it is like to live on benefits don't realize how difficult it is.  When you're ill / disabled it's even harder.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: This is as good as it gets for me :-(
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
Thank you Pip
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.