Author Topic: Sertraline-my experience  (Read 3663 times)

Russell

• Karma Group
Sertraline-my experience
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
Haven't been on here for a while and the reason is Sertraline! Following 10 months of pretty severe mood swings and a short period on Venlaflaxin (Unsuccesful),I was switched to Sertraline. Struggled for the first fortnight,but since then I have gone from strength to strength. I haven't experienced any sexual side effects,as is sometimes reported,but have gained a little weight. Most importantly, I feel great. Happy,enjoying life,no mad highs or lows,just a constant steady feeling of contentment. Maybe I'm lucky,but I do feel it's important to use this forum for positive feedback,as well as for support when we crash. The importance of this forum cannot be over-estimated and has got me through so many rough times. Love to all of you out there. Even when it seems totally pointless,it can get better!

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Sertraline-my experience
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »
Thank you so much Russell  :happy0158: its great to hear that Steraline has worked for you.  I often reply to posts saying it can take trying different meds to find what works.  It took a few to find one that worked for me.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »
I'm glad sertraline is working for you.  Recently I had mt dosage of Sertraline put up to 100mgs which is helping.

Sleepyjay

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »
Hi, good to hear about a positive experience. I'm on 50mg and due to bump to 100 in a few days so I hope it starts to help me aswell.