Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 2696 times)

Linda62

I'm new
« on: August 13, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »
Hi Everyone

I'm new here and thought I would say hello. 

I have been receiving treatment for depression for about 18 months, but I think it started a few years ago.
I hit rock bottom last October and finding it difficult to pull myself out of this dark place.  I find it very difficult to talk to close family as I have always been the strong one in the family, holding things together, sorting things out etc.  I don't know where that person has gone?
My GP is very good and I have an excellent councillor.  Currently I am taking sertroline, having had my meds changed from Citalopram, but I'm still struggling.

Thank you for reading my post Linda 

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
 :welcome: Linda

It is hard talking to family about depression at the best of times so I do understand the point you make of being the strong one. I was on citalopram, had a gap of a few months then went onto sertraline which helps to a certain extent but when I get severely depression it only helps a bit.  Members are supportive here though.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »
Hi Linda, welcome to the forums, family is not always the best place to start, though a close family structure is always a good thing.
having a good councillor and doc is always a bonus, and as for meds, there are so many out there and sometimes a combination of more than one or two is required.
but remember it can take the body a few weeks to adapt to the meds, so make sure you keep your gp up to speed on how things are going.
also MIND have some very good councilors if they have an office close to you.
stew
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Nic

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
Hello Linda  :smile: