Author Topic: Any ideas.....please  (Read 2870 times)

and74

Any ideas.....please
« on: November 26, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Hi
    The past two days have been quite bad, not only with how i feel but with problems that my son is having, I'm not quite sure which way to turn.
Sorry this might be a bit long winded, my son is 12 and has ADHD and autism. He has suffered bullying at school which i have worked with the school to try and resolve. Yesterday he came home in a state, the lads (who are friends of my 13 year old son) which they walk home with had decided that they would pick on my son. One of them spat on his back whilst the others teased him and called him a retard. My other son said he had no idea what was going on as he was walking a little in front of them, which i find hard to believe. After school the one who had spat at him came to call for my other son, I tried to find out off him what had gone on, to which he said it wasn't him and named another lad, another friend that was with him also said it was the other lad, so i told the other lad that i was sorry as i told him off for spitting on my son, i also phoned his nan to explain that i had had a moan at him and apologized to her as well. It turns out that he has admitted to the school that it was him, and the other lad called my son a retard and hit him.
    My mom picked my son from school today as i didn't want him to walk with them, my son told me that all day all of the other friends have been having a go at him and calling him a 'grass'. My other son just shrugs his shoulders and says well they don't stop if i tell them to so i don't bother saying anything.
     My younger son (with ADHD) finds it difficult to make friends so spends a lot of time round my other son. He also has to walk home with my other son as he is not that good with crossing roads.
     The last time he was bullied he threatened to kill himself, i feel like I'm stuck, i don't want to send him to school as it upsets him much and i can't stand the thought of putting him through it, if i don't send him the school phone up telling me i must send him as i will end up in court if i don't. But i also don't want my other son to have a hard time with these 'mates' of his. It also turns out that the first lot of bulling never really stopped and my son is teased and make fun of every day.
   Sorry if it doesn't make much sense, I'm finding it hard to think straight today, I've got that much in my head to day it feels as though i can't fit anything else in.
Ant feedback on this would be very welcome.

lightenup

• Karma Group
Re: Any ideas.....please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:40:28 PM »
Bullying is really difficult to deal with, my son was bullied and had a knife pulled on him, so he ran into the sanctury of a shop.  The next time he was given a really bad beating but thank god came out of it a stronger person.  The police were involved and there was a court case.........to be honest it was all really tromatic dealing with the school, etc.  Mostly the bullies are the weak ones but they hunt in packs to make them seem to be important.  Report it to the school, before it gets too much out of hand.  I am sorry if these things are not what you want to hear I really feel for your position, and it is more difficult when you are unwell yourself.  Take care   
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others