Author Topic: depression  (Read 5789 times)

piglet

depression
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:17:07 AM »
HI my name is Karen I'm 35 years old

This is the first time I have done anything like this. I have been suffering with panic attacks for the past 13 years on and off have had two courses of citlipram (10mg) over that time.  This last few weeks have been horrible it started with a tummy bug which is my worst nightmare (I have a thing about being sick).  Started taking the Citilapram (10mg) again this then reacted with my already sensitive tummy and made me feel bloated and sick all the time doctor prescribed donperidome which worked. Go myself back on my feet and coping the Kids and the Husband went away for the week and I was feeling fine.  Then all of a sudden 4 days after they came home it was back to square one my nan has who is 91 has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will not have treatment.  The doctor has doubled my dose of citilapram so now waiting for that to work.

I can't wait to be back to my old self. I don't like the idea of having depression but at least it is treatable and not life threatening.  Sorry if this seems as if I am babbling but it is nice to know there is others out there.

Ezel

Re: depression
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »
 ^&* Karen,

Your nan having cancer probably doesn't help how you're feeling and no doubt you will make the most of the time you have with her.  Depresion isn't nice but at least accepting you suffer with it and it is treatable is half the battle.

Pip

piglet

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
Thanks for your kind words.  I am getting very frustrated with beig like this.  I managed to go to the shops twice today but feel very shaky when I get back.  Can anybody tell me how to help my husband understand what I am feeling.  He finds it hard to talk about things and sort of backs away when I am like this because he doesn't know what to do to help. 

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
It may be worth your husband's while checking out if there is any support for carers.  For example there is a voluntary counselling service close to where I live.  I went for a few weeks last year as my son was living with us for a while and he suffers with depression.  My dh and I were finding it tough going.  We were waiting for family therapy .... son was already seeing a psychotherapist ..... but needed some support before it kicked in.   

piglet

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »
I went back to the GP yesterday and he is referring me for CBT to help with all the phobias and things that have seemed to come up that are controlling me life.  My husband came with me and he now understands the situation better.  Thanks for talking to me I am determined to beat this.

screamer

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
Hello piglet.

Nothing is ever all black and white.

CBT has never been offered to me so please let us know how you get on, if you do it that is! I don't know anyone who's had it as most people I have spoken to have refused it. Don't these people want a better, happier life?

Clearly, you do. We're all in the same boat, and we can share stories, advice and basically help each other just by knowing we have someone to talk to.

Take care hun, and try and remember how great things were when you weren't depressed. I try to remember the good times and it works sometimes. The rest of the time I either want to hit someone or throw myself off a bridge.