Author Topic: Sertaline and potential side effects  (Read 3359 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Sertaline and potential side effects
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
I know other members have asked about sertraline and being taken along with another anti depressant but I've been prescribed it today and it's the only anti depressant I will be taking taking.  Due to being very tired, depressed and in pain I didn't think about potential side effects

Hanny

• Karma Group
Re: Sertaline and potential side effects
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »
Hi pip

Sertraline is the only medication I'm on too, I've been on it for 2 months now. I haven't noticed any bad side effects really, it has helped completely with my anxiety although not depression. They're now telling me I don't have depression. The only thing I noticed is that I now get bad night sweats but my doctor tells me he's not convinced it's a medication side effect. As with most meds it did make me feel rough for the first week but once that subsided it was ok. Also watch out for heart burn, sometimes they give me that.

Hanny

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Sertaline and potential side effects
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:05 PM »
Thanks Hanny,  the only thing I was warned about are headaches due to what I am already on but I've been suffering with headaches already.  I've been prescribed Gabapentin to take along with what I'm already taking for pain relief.  Hubby has been taking Gabapentin for several months so I have someone to compare with.

I suffer with anxiety as well but fortunately since I was officially diagnosed with depression anxiety has been accepted as part of it.  Being out for more than an hour and being in busy places usually sets my anxiety off.

Hearburn is something I have been suffering with for a few months which is getting on my nerves a bti.  I also suffer with night sweats and put it down to being menopausal but I shall see how I go as it's not too bad and tends to be worse in the summer.