Author Topic: sam-e sjw lepraxo  (Read 3045 times)

georgeboy

• Karma Group
sam-e sjw lepraxo
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
I have been trying to fight my depression and anxiety without going onto lepraxo (escitalopram). It has worked for me very well before but i dont want the side effects.
I tried saint johns wort 1000mg for about 6 weeks but it didnt seem to lift me, just caused me sleep problems. I think maybe my depression was too severe by that point as it is supposed to help mild to moderate depression.
I then started on sam-e as a last resort before accepting that i need the perscription lepraxo to get me through this bad period in my life.
I started on 400mg, then 800mg, definately helped straight away.
Now im taking 1600mg(800 twice a day) which has certainly lifted me in some way, at times i feel quite good. It is supposed to help with back and neck pain also which i have been suffering really badly with and is also contributing to my depression.
The problem i have now though is i am getting anxiety really bad. I am still also taking 550 sjw which i have just halved this morning to 275mg.
Im hoping that its the sjw that is interacting with the sam-e to cause severe anxiety. If i get off the sjw as quickly as i can (not supposed to just stop) then im hoping the anxiety will drop. If not i accept that i need the lepraxo for now(no other options left). My doc says i have to be off sjw for a week before can start it. And im unsure whether i can still take the sam-e at the same time as lepraxo. Reports are unclear. And dont know if i can gradually come off sam-e while taking lepraxo or if i can just stop them abruptly. Either way its looking like i wont be right for xmas as time is running out. I may not be able to go drinking on xmas do's this year as at the moment there is now way i could handle it.
One other thing, if i start back on lepraxo it can cause weight gain and decreased labido. Im looking at passion rx as a way to help with the sexual problems.
Sorry for the long post, its all complicated and am trying everything i can bbut its looking like i might have been better just going on perscription ssri instead.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: sam-e sjw lepraxo
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Sorry I can't give any advice on the medication you are taken that.  It is frustrating trying different things to try and feel better.