Author Topic: Mirtazapine to Sertraline  (Read 3325 times)

abbie1953

Mirtazapine to Sertraline
« on: November 27, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
I have been on Mirtazapine for two and a half years with no problems 30mg.At the beginning of October my mood was going down so went to GP who upped medication to 45mg.I started having problems with sleep waking up at 5 in the morning not good when you need your sleep.The increase didn't do any good for my mood so GP decided to change to Sertraline.Started last Friday and can honestly say its been a nightmare.What with diahorrea and feeling nauseus no appetite whatsoever and no energy at all.As for sleep its got worse now waking at 1.30am and sweating terribly have to take a towel to bed.

Grace

• Global Moderator
Re: Mirtazapine to Sertraline
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »
Hello Abbie,
I'm sorry to hear about these side effects. Did your doctor warn you about any of these? Probably once you sail through the first few days  these side effects will hopefully attenuate.
Keep us posted!!

Grace

abbie1953

Re: Mirtazapine to Sertraline
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »
Hi Grace,
        Thanks for your reply doctor didn't mention any of these side effects.All these symptoms just brought it all back to me how hard it was beginning on the Mitazapine.
Today has been a bad day feeling really down and so tired.Support worker was in today and thinks the dose im on isn't enough.
At nights ive only been taking a half of a sleeping tablet so will try a whole one tonight and see if I get any more sleep.