Author Topic: Hi im new  (Read 2972 times)

abbie1953

Hi im new
« on: November 27, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »
I have been suffering depression for quite a few years.
Lost my husband and mother in 2011 and thought I was coping but this last few months things have come to a head.

JC

• Karma Group
Re: Hi im new
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »
Hi abbie1953

So sorry to hear of your losses.

I lost my partner in May this year, everybody deals with it differently and, I too, thought I was coping but there are times when things just get too much.

I only joined here very recently and the members are very friendly and supportive. I hope it helps you to have somewhere you can "talk" with people going through similar experiences.

JC

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »
Hi abbie1953,

My mum died in 2011 as well.  She was asthmatic all her life so I grew up always knowing she was ill but it was still hard when she did die.  We didn't have the greatest of relationships but she was still my mum and I loved her. 

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »
Hi abbie, welcome to the forums.

I to lost mypartner, lasy year to cancer, such a situation is indeed very stressfull to say the least, and having depression on top of this does not help at all.

you are amongst friends here who will listen and understand how you feel. are you on any medicatyionfor depression?
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

abbie1953

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
Hi Stewart,
          Thanks for your reply I was on Mitazapine for 2years approx. and in the middle of changing to Sertraline which im finding really hard.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 03:17:31 PM »
not all meds are good for everyone, if you are finding the switch hard to handle tell your doc as soon as you can, they may change you back to mirt's or something else.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water