Author Topic: I have depression and negative symptoms of schizophrenia altogether?  (Read 3040 times)

chinaboy

my mum is bipolar but she is more responsive to antipsychotics than mood stablizers.
The Antidepressants can make my mind clear a little but not to the point of having more motivation and deriving pleasures from interesting activities.
hink I'm particular responsive to amisulpride(400mg/day)the other antipsychotics make me feel worse(ocd and brain fog) though.
I'm emotionless (instead of feeling sadness)unmotivated, pay no attention to hygienical condition, fear contact with people(many times don't want to communicate with people), and live in my world with lots of imaginations.
One renowned psychiatrist in my country once said that people with schizophrenia are unaware of their symptoms, but I'm well aware of mysymptoms
I know that people having epression can have the positive symptoms of schizophrenia like delusions but neve heard that people with depression can have negative symptoms. Can I have depression and negative symptoms of schizophrenia altogether?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: I have depression and negative symptoms of schizophrenia altogether?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »
Sorry I can't help but hopefully other members will read your post that can offer advice.

SteveW

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
The psychiatrist in your home country who told you that schizophrenics lacked insight wasn't far from the truth. The overwhelming majority do lack insight but not 100%. I have met plenty of schizophrenics who ranged from some to quite a lot of insight.

It is also quite possible to have the negative symptoms of schizophrenia along with depression. People tend to assume that illnesses come one at a time, but this just isn't true. Having multiple conditions is far from rare. I knew a woman who had Depression, OCD, Panic Disorder, and Schizophrenia. She wasn't  a lucky woman.

I wish I could be optimistic but psychiatry's record in treating the negative symptoms of schizophrenia isn't good, more pathetic. I am glad Amisulpride gives you some help. If my memory is correct 400 mg isn't the maximum dose. One of these days psychiatry will make a significant step forward in treating negative symptoms but we are a way off that yet.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

chinaboy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »
Thank you so much for replying and giving me insight of the question I asked. :cheerleader: